Check out 10 of the most popular French items at Ghini's and La Baguette Bakery
Ghini’s French Caffe is celebrating its twenty-sixth anniversary on Tuesday, July 17.
Owner and chef “Ghini” Coralie Satta wrote the following in the restaurant’s newsletter:
“26 years ago, Ghini’s French Caffe was born.
I was 22 years old, and ready to feed Tucson food from my heart
This has been quite an honor, meeting so many wonderful people, feeding over a million, employing thousands.
Thank you Tucson! It’s been incredible! I am very grateful.”
Click through the slideshow above for 10 of the most popular French items at Ghini’s and La Baguette Bakery next door, where Satta’s father bakes. Descriptions are below.
10 Popular French Items at Ghini’s French Cafe & La Baguette Bakery
- Éclair – pâte à choux pastry filled with custard and topped with chocolate icing
- Fresh Fruit Tart –
- Napoleon (also known as Mille-Feuille) – layered puff pastry and pastry cream
- Crème Brûlée – vanilla custard topped with caramelized sugar
- Croissants – flaky pastry available plain and in both sweet and savory varieties
- Chocolate Croissant
- Strawberry Cheese Croissant
- Almond Croissant
- Cheese Croissant
- Blueberry Cheese Croissant
- Raspberry Chocolate Croissant
- Ham and Swiss Croissant
- Turkey and Swiss Croissant
- Spinach and Mozzarella Croissant
- Spinach and Feta Croissant
- Green Chile Cheddar Croissant
- Chicken Piquante Croissant
- Frangipane – pastry filled with almond creme
- Baguettes – French loaf bread with a crisp crust
- Pain de Campagne – French round loaf country bread
- Wild Salmon French Farmer Salad – wild salmon cooked marinated, thyme-crusted, or blackened with warm haricot verts, diced potato, hard-boiled egg, farm tomatoes, and organic baby greens with Ghini’s house vinaigrette
- Eggs Provençal – eggs and locally-sourced tomatoes sautéed with fresh garlic, and thyme
Coincidentally, France’s national day Bastille Day is a few days prior to the anniversary on Saturday, July 14.
To celebrate the occasion, Ghini’s will serve a special menu that night from 3 – 8 p.m.
Seats are $30 per person. Call (520) 326-9095 to make reservations.
Bastille Day Dinner Menu
Appetizer (choice of one)
- Soupe a l’Oignon (French Onion Soup)
- Soupe du Jour
- Organic Baby Greens
- Caesar Salade
Entree (choice of one)
- Boeuf Bourguignon
- Fine Herb Shrimp Pasta
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Bleu Blanc Rouge Shortcake
Ghini’s French Caffe is located at 1803 E. Prince Rd. For more information, call (520) 326-9095 or visit ghiniscafe.com.