Check out 10 of the most popular French items at Ghini's and La Baguette Bakery
Ghini’s French Caffe is celebrating its twenty-sixth anniversary on Tuesday, July 17.
Owner and chef “Ghini” Coralie Satta wrote the following in the restaurant’s newsletter:
“26 years ago, Ghini’s French Caffe was born.
I was 22 years old, and ready to feed Tucson food from my heart
This has been quite an honor, meeting so many wonderful people, feeding over a million, employing thousands.
Thank you Tucson! It’s been incredible! I am very grateful.”
Click through the slideshow above for 10 of the most popular French items at Ghini’s and La Baguette Bakery next door, where Satta’s father bakes. Descriptions are below.
[dfptag adid=”MR_T1_Inline” center=”1″]
10 Popular French Items at Ghini’s French Cafe & La Baguette Bakery
- Éclair – pâte à choux pastry filled with custard and topped with chocolate icing
- Fresh Fruit Tart –
- Napoleon (also known as Mille-Feuille) – layered puff pastry and pastry cream
- Crème Brûlée – vanilla custard topped with caramelized sugar
- Croissants – flaky pastry available plain and in both sweet and savory varieties
- Chocolate Croissant
- Strawberry Cheese Croissant
- Almond Croissant
- Cheese Croissant
- Blueberry Cheese Croissant
- Raspberry Chocolate Croissant
- Ham and Swiss Croissant
- Turkey and Swiss Croissant
- Spinach and Mozzarella Croissant
- Spinach and Feta Croissant
- Green Chile Cheddar Croissant
- Chicken Piquante Croissant
- Frangipane – pastry filled with almond creme
- Baguettes – French loaf bread with a crisp crust
- Pain de Campagne – French round loaf country bread
- Wild Salmon French Farmer Salad – wild salmon cooked marinated, thyme-crusted, or blackened with warm haricot verts, diced potato, hard-boiled egg, farm tomatoes, and organic baby greens with Ghini’s house vinaigrette
- Eggs Provençal – eggs and locally-sourced tomatoes sautéed with fresh garlic, and thyme
[dfptag adid=”MR_T2_Inline” center=”1″]
Coincidentally, France’s national day Bastille Day is a few days prior to the anniversary on Saturday, July 14.
To celebrate the occasion, Ghini’s will serve a special menu that night from 3 – 8 p.m.
Seats are $30 per person. Call (520) 326-9095 to make reservations.
Bastille Day Dinner Menu
Appetizer (choice of one)
- Soupe a l’Oignon (French Onion Soup)
- Soupe du Jour
- Organic Baby Greens
- Caesar Salade
Entree (choice of one)
- Boeuf Bourguignon
- Fine Herb Shrimp Pasta
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Bleu Blanc Rouge Shortcake
Ghini’s French Caffe is located at 1803 E. Prince Rd. For more information, call (520) 326-9095 or visit ghiniscafe.com.
[dfptag adid=”PO” center=”1″]