Entree options typically include one fish dish, one chicken dish, one beef dish, one vegan dish, and a fifth option that will vary
Paleo-focused meal prep and restaurant The Hidden Grill quietly opened Wednesday, August 15 at 4955 N. Sabino Canyon Rd., Ste. 113.
The 10-seat, 1,300-square-feet space previously housed Chinese take-out spot the Hidden Wok.
“This is a nice manageable space to start out with, and the kitchen space is huge to have room for the meals,” said Allison Dragony, who owns Hidden Grill with her husband Christopher McClain. “And it was a great price.”
McClain ran a paleo meal prep company in Atlanta for three years before the couple moved to Tucson in July 2017. He worked as chef de cuisine at the Coronet and sous chef at DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails before opening Hidden Grill with Dragony.
Hidden Grill’s menu is primarily designed for the paleo diet with the occasional exception.
The Paleolithic (or Paleo) diet consists of foods presumed to have been the ones consumed by humans during the Paleolithic era. This includes foods that would have been obtained by hunting and gathering such as meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
“We like to emphasize that it’s made to order,” McClain said. “We change the menu every week. We try to keep it changing and fresh. It’s a limited menu, but it changes often and stays within the seasons as far as ingredients go.”
Entree options typically include one fish dish, one chicken dish, one beef dish, one vegan dish, and a fifth option that varies. The menu also includes salad options.
“I like to use a lot of meat and a lot of vegetables,” McClain said.
Customers can order take-out, dine in, or delivery within a four-mile radius limited to northeast Tucson as the restaurant gets settled in.
“We’re excited to be in this neighborhood,” Dragony said.
The Hidden Grill Menu of the Week
- Grilled Chicken in Coconut Buffalo Sauce ($12) – onion, carrots, celery, grilled broccoli, herbs
- Grilled Arizona Angus Beef Burger ($12) – balsamic caramelized onions, rosemary mushrooms, spinach, roasted diced sweet potatoes, black olive mayo
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chop ($12) – apricot fennel mostarda, sauteed cabbage, caraway seed, onion, roasted red peppers, spinach, parsley
- Blackened White Fish ($12) – honey cured bacon, onion, corn, okra, tomato, bell pepper, collard green peperonata
- Pan Fried Tofu in Coconut Buffalo Sauce ($12) – onion, carrots, celery, grilled broccoli, herbs
- Curry Chicken Salad (8-ounce $6, 16-ounce $11) – walnuts, golden raisins, onion, celery
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken & Honey Bacon Salad (8-ounce $6, 16-ounce $11) – red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, & parsley
- Tuna Dip & Grilled Vegetables ($8) – tuna dip with grilled broccoli, carrots, squash, chili oil
The Hidden Grill is located at 4955 N. Sabino Canyon Rd., Ste. 113. Operating hours are 2:30 – 9 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday. For more information, visit thehiddengrill2go.com.