Take your appetite on a journey to South Korea
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails is on the homestretch of its Around the Globe Summer Culinary Tour, which began on Tuesday, August 28 and will run until Monday, October 15.
After creating dishes influenced by Macau, China and Alba, Italy, chef Janos Wilder’s next stop is inspired by the international “sister” City of Gastronomy, Jeonju, South Korea.
Jeonju was designated as the fourth UNESCO City of Gastronomy in 2012 after it was recognized for its culinary heritage, historical background with traditional restaurants, and its food business development.
Seats are $40 per person, and you have the choice of one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert. Reservations can be made by calling call (520) 623-7700.
Jeonju, South Korea City of Gastronomy Menu
Appetizers (choice of)
- Shrimp, Calamari, and Scallion Pancake – with house-made kimchi and dipping sauce
- KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) – three double fried chicken trotters in tangy, spicy, and funky Koreatown sauce with toasted sesame seeds and scallions
- Hamachi Crudo – cucumber, lime, sesame, shiso, and spicy sweet and sour sauce
Main Courses (choice of)
- Bo Ssam – slow-roasted pork shoulder, lettuce wraps, house-made kimchi, ginger-scallion, and ssam sauces
- Stir-Fried Rice Cakes and the Red Dragon with Fish Puffs – Korean-style dashi broth, cabbage, scallions, and caramelized onions
- L.A. Galbi – Koreatown cut of marinated beef short ribs, ssam jamg, pickled radish, scallions, housemade kimchi, and steamed rice
Desserts (choice of)
- Pear and Ginger Sorbet – honey pastries, minted ginger lychee sauce, and late summer fruit
- Chocopie Sundae – caramel ice cream, graham cracker chocolate crumbles, chocolate ganache, and marshmallow fluff
If you’re hoping for something more familiar, DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails will also be offering their regular menus.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails is located at 135 S. 6th Ave. For more information, call (520) 623-7700 or visit downtownkitchen.com.