A spoonful of pastries helps the boba tea go down
Brunch restaurant Teaspoon quietly opened a sister establishment near campus, Teaspoon Cafe.
The new business at 1927 E. Speedway Blvd. Ste 109. features a predominantly black and white interior with a few warm light and wood accents. With early and late hours, the tables and bar tops have already become a study spot for University of Arizona students.
While Teaspoon Cafe primarily focuses on coffee, tea, and boba, it also offers a small selection of pastries and other food.
Menu items range from about $1.50 for a cookie to $9 for acai. Pastries are $1 with the purchase of a drink.
Teaspoon Cafe Menu Highlights
- Matcha iri Genmaicha Boba (16-ounce $4.75, 24-ounce $5.25)
- House Horchata (16-ounce $4.75, 24-ounce $5.25)
- Mocha Milk Boba (16-ounce $4, 24-ounce $4.75)
- Lavender Moon Milk Mooncap (16-ounce $4.50, 24-ounce $4.95)
- Strawberries & Cream Frappe (16-ounce $5.50, 24-ounce $5.75)
- Blueberries & Cream Danish ($2.10)
- Gluten-Free Buttermilk Chocolate Cake ($3.50)
- Acai ($9)
- Tomato Basil Soup (16-ounce $5, bread bowl +$1.75)
- Chicken Quesadilla ($7.50) – grilled chicken, pico de gallo, Monterey Jack, cheddar
- Chicken Southwest Salad ($7) – romaine, grilled chicken, fire-roasted corn, black beans, cilantro lime dressing, quinoa
- Thai Chicken Wrap ($8.25) – grilled chicken, Asian slaw, romaine, Thai peanut sauce
Operating hours are 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sunday, 6:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 6:30 a.m. – midnight Friday – Saturday.