This menu reflects the best of what is current in Tucson along with what to expect in the future
The Gastronomic Union of Tucson (GUT) is hosting a five-course dinner to highlight “the Future of Tucson Cuisine” at the Carriage House from 6 – 9 p.m. on Sunday, September 23.
If you’re not aware, GUT is the collaborative venture of over 30 local chefs and food professionals highlighting Tucson’s food heritage and dynamic culinary scene.
This menu will reflect the best of what is current in Tucson along with what to expect in the future. It will draw on influences of Tucson’s myriad peoples and cultures, along with the continuously-developing farming, ranching, gleaning, fishing, cultivating, and foraging practices that shape the way we eat.
Seating will be limited and is $75 per person. Tickets are available at gutucson.org.
Highlighted Chefs at The Future of Tucson Cuisine Dinner
- Ken Foy of Dante’s Fire
- Roderick LeDesma of PY Steakhouse
- Mat Cable of Fresco Pizzeria
- Janet Jones of the Tanque Verde Ranch
- Matt Kraiss of Thunder Canyon Brewstillery
- Rica Rances and Jerry Morgan of The Parish
- Gina Skelton of Casino Del Sol Resort
- Devon Sanner of The Carriage House and DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
The Future of Tucson Cuisine Dinner Menu
- Pozole Soup Dumpling
- Beyond the Valley of the Pot Roast
- Pork Pâté Tamalitos + Pickled Vegetables
- Sonoran Sunset Mezzaluna, Honey + Chamomile Goat Cheese, Tohono O’Odham H:al Squash, Sage, Creosote Pavlova, Cured Egg Yolk, Tequila + Lime + Achiote Beurre
- Ceci N’Est Pas Un Taco
- Sonoran White Wheat, Fried Beet, Huitlacoche
- Yucca + Enoki Curry Adobado, Crispy Plantain, Tomatillo
- Guajillo-Garlic, Habanero-Curry, Avocado-Thai Basil Salsas
- Sous Vide/Smoked Carrot, Fried Sweetbreads, Black Truffle and Shiitake Raviolino, Beef Heart Bottarga, Puffed Black Rice Cracker
- Chocolate Olive Oil Smoked Mesquite Cake, Worcestershire Pecan Streusel
- Fromage Cremeux with Candied Apple
- Cilantro Margarita Sphere
- Dueling Coulis
The Carriage House is located on 125 S. Arizona Ave. For more information and to make your reservation, visit gutucson.org.