Nineties nostalgia plays a key role in the restaurant's newest cocktails.
Tucson’s four seasons sometimes seem like two, with the leaves of trees remaining a few shades of green all year. OBON Sushi Bar Ramen’s got you covered, though.
Year-round, the creative mixture of spirits on the cocktail menu at the downtown restaurant are prepared creatively, dressed to impress, and presented with vibrant colors and flavors that best represent the spirits you love most.
Now, there’s some new kids on the block ready to take you on an excellent adventure.
OBON bar manager Marlee Palmer’s latest editions are sort of a throwback to a time when car phones were a thing, one hit wonders were all the rage on your stereo, and phone booths actually existed (you know – with, like, actual phones in them).
The newest round of cocktails, much like the Party Time, Excellent, are destined to amuse your taste buds with ingredients such as lime, yuzu, and tropical punch syrup.
Palmer’s strong foundation of mixology comes into play within all of the new cocktails. Although, one in particular may hold a special place in the hearts of many Tucsonans. The Revenge of the Nerdlucks and it’s combination of vodka, sotol, grape soda syrup, lemon, crème de violette, and Nerds candy.
For those fond of the 1984 film Revenge of the Nerds, which was shot in Tucson and primarily at the University of Arizona, this could be your newest go-to cocktail.
It’s Raining Menthe and the Livin’ La Vida Mocha cocktails are two other photogenic beverages you can throwback on a Thursday — or any day of the week for that matter. Take a gander at the full list of newcomers.
Throwback Cocktail Menu
- It’s Britney, Bitch– Flying Leap lavender Brandy, aalborg akavit, milk, watermelon syrup, salt, Pechaud’s bitters, and absinthe boba
- It’s Raining Menthe – spearmint rum, branca menta, passionfruit syrup, lime, crème de menthe, creosote tincture, and mint garnish
- Bangarang – rye, amaro 14, house made tangy tang, white cacao, thyme tincture, yuzu, and bubbles
- Party Time, Excellent – vodka, gin, rum, tequila, lime, yuzu, tropical punch syrup, and tobandjan
- Slayer Hater – black garlic vodka, cream Sherry, merlet strawberry liqueur, Kalamata olive juice, and a honey, salt, and pepper rim
- Top of the Muffin to You! – brown butter genever, guava syrup, lemon, celery tincture, and nutmeg
- Stay Puft – white rum, Del Bac Dorado whiskey, burnt brown sugar syrup, roasted coconut water, and mole bitters
- Livin’ La Vida Mocha – Abuelita mezcal, port wine syrup, 8-10 drops of guajilla chile bitters, and a chocolate shell rim
- Revenge of the Nerdlucks – vodka, sotol, grape soda syrup, lemon, crème de violette, and Nerds candy
Aside from the new cocktail menu, there’s plenty more to choose from at OBON. Happy Hour allows you to eventually try them all with $2 off of the classics, $7 sake bombs, and $5 Soju and Kloud beer.
The full food and bar menu can be found at fukushuconcepts.com.
OBON Sushi + Bar + Ramen is located downtown at 350 E. Congress St. #120. For more information on the location, hours, and full menus, visit fukushuconcepts.com.
This is a paid feature. Learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising options.