Let's celebrate with food, fun, and laughter while supporting an important cause.
Vida / Celebrating Women is a boutique festival — the first of its kind — that will be held behind the Historic Train Depot at Maynards Market & Kitchen downtown from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 9.
The event will feature dishes created specifically for Vida by our region’s greatest female chefs, a tempting themed cocktail and mocktail by a local mixologist, vendors, music, and more.
Tickets are $25 per person, which includes food and drink tastings and access to local wares. Children 12 and under get in free.
Caridad Community Kitchen and the Microloan Program — in partnership with Community Investment Corporation (CIC)
All profits generated from ticket sales will be donated to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona for programs that train and support women in the culinary arts.
Donations will help the women create a sustainable living for themselves and their families through Caridad Community Kitchen and their Microloan Program. The women are dedicated and hardworking, looking to improve their skills and fill the many available positions in the community.
Microloan recipients, chef Cecilia Arosemena of Dish for Dosha and Dani Flower of Sunflower Superfoods will each have a table set up at Vida to showcase their products — you can meet them firsthand and find out about the positive impact this program has had on their careers.
The Vida tickets for 2019 are sold out — we’re so excited! For those of you unable to make it (or if you are coming but are feeling generous), please consider making a donation to The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.
Female chefs/mixologist and highlighted items
- Maria Mazon of BOCA Tacos y Tequila
- Organic mushroom chicharrón with a chile verde pea purée, ricotta, and chile guajillo carrot sauce
- Gina Skelton of Casino Del Sol
- Salted honey and goat cheese mousse with almond lavender cake
- Wendy Gauthier of Chef Chic
- Sweet pea panna cotta with crab salad, mango dashi sorbet, crab tuile, and micro greens
- Mary Steiger and Susan Fulton of Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery & Bistro
- Lemon thyme-marinated wild-caught shrimp in an Asiago cheese black-pepper waffle cone with organic crisped kale, Champagne-infused papaya and a pomegranate balsamic reduction.
- Dominique Stoller of HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
- Prickly pear jamaica pops dipped in chamoy and Tajin
- Mini Arizona blue corn choco tacos filled with Arizona blue corn and honeycomb ice cream, dipped in white chocolate and rolled in crushed honeycomb candy
- Nikki Thompson of Nook
- Tucson meets Hawaiian-style fresh ahi poke shooter served with a Tajin lotus crisp
- Rica Rances of The Parish
- Confit sunrise beets marinated in preserved orange aji amarillo with Brunost siphon, fennel oil, fermented honey garlic glazed pancetta, and lavender haze
- Stephanie Kingman of The Parish
- Mango-strawberry white wine sangria with citrus, apples, mint, and a hint of habanero garnished with Champagne-infused gummy bears
- A themed mocktail created specially for Vida
- Janet Jones of Tanque Verde Guest Ranch
- Fermented pickles and baby beets atop house-made, dark, torn rye bread with local quark goat cheese and smoked nopales sauce
- Caridad Community Kitchen
- Seasoned broccoli and cranberry salad
Thank you to Sarah Fox Hammelman of Sand-Reckoner for the wine donation — sip, sip, hooray!
A variety of curated collections — from clothing, jewelry, and home decor to craft supplies, art, and beauty products — will be on display and available for purchase.
Music, community, and support
Music will be provided by DJ “Mother Tierra” to set the mood for the afternoon.
In addition to the tastings, drinks, perusing local wares, and hanging out, there’ll be a photo booth (curated specifically for Vida by P.O.M. Events and Eastland Alley) and other photo opportunities to capture the celebration — don’t miss out!
It’s the first event collaboration with Tucson Foodie, Maynards Market & Kitchen, Yelp, and Brunch Babes in honor of International Women’s Day. Mariah Alysz of Rya Pie Pictures will be capturing the event through her lens.
Let’s celebrate women in the culinary arts by uplifting and supporting them. We’re all in this together.