Roast beef, pastrami, meatballs, and more are made in house.
Brooklyn-style sandwich shop and Italian restaurant Brooklyn Rolls announced plans to open Friday, July 19 at 1628 E. Sixth St.
The 2,600-square-foot space previously housed Abe’s Place and J’s Chicken & Waffles and seats 47. The bar seats 10.
Menu items include bagels shipped from Brooklyn, bagel sandwiches, espresso, lox bagels, salads, pastas, rice bowls, calzones, knishes, and rolls (sandwiches). Prices range from about $3 to $14.
New York desserts will also be a draw, with options such as New York cheesecake, cannoli, pizelles, and black and white cookies.
Brooklyn Rolls Menu Highlights
- Buttered Bagel ($3) – plain, everything, cinnamon raisin, sesame, onion, garlic, rye, salt, or poppy
- Chicken Parmesan Hero ($12) – ragu, mozzarella, Parmesan, fresh basil, 12-inch baguette; served with homemade slaw, kosher pickle spear
- Hot Roast Beef Roll ($12) – house-made roast beef, caramelized onion, mushrooms, provolone, baguette; served with homemade slaw, kosher pickle spear
- Stromboli & Spinach Roll ($5)
- Pastrami ($13) – smoked brisket, Swiss cheese, deli mustard on rye bread
- Antipasto Salad ($11) – arugula, tomato, artichoke, red pepper, pepperoncini, olives, salami, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, tomato vinaigrette
- Baked Ziti ($13) – roasted garlic, red pepper, meatball, ricotta, ragu, mozzarella, Parmesan
Additionally, the restaurant features off-menu chef specials such as veal and shrimp that change daily.
The liquor license is expected to kick in during August. Tentative operating hours will be 7 a.m. – 2 a.m. daily.
For more information, read our June 2019 article Brooklyn Rolls to open in former Abe’s Place with bagels, knishes, sandwiches & more and visit brooklynrolls.com.