"making a difference one delicious popsicle at a time."
There’s a new popsicle stand on Main Gate Square (perfect timing, too).
Peace, Love & Pops is the name and the brother-in-laws Scott Harrison and Jim Roberts are the minds behind the new popsicle shop that is now open at 845 E. University Blvd.
The new spot has opened its doors in the former Sonoran Cycles space, which has been transformed into a nifty seating area that’ll for sure be a cool hangout during the scorching summer months.
There are plenty of “far out flavors” available in the shop, which are categorized as Juice Based, Cream Based, and Pup-Sicles (pooches need to cool down, too).
“Our goal is freshness and to have our ingredients as locally sourced as possible,” said Harrison.
Peace, Love & Pops Menu
Juice Based Popsicles
- Ice Cat – raspberry and blueberry
- Fitty/Fitty – their take on the Arnold Palmer beverage
- Pineapple Sunrise – pineapple pieces with a splash of cherry juice
Cream Based Popsicles
- Peach Parfait – with granola
- Butter Pecan
- Chocolate Chunk Mocha Espresso – mocha espresso cream with chocolate chunks
- Clouds in My Coffee Vanilla Bean Latte
- Strawberries and Cream
- Lemonilla Bliss – “kinda like a lemon cream pie”
- Nanner Puddin’ – vanilla wafers in a banana cream
- Peanut Butter and Banana
- Yogurt and Berries
The idea of opening up Peace, Love & Pops here in Tucson was inspired by an experience they had at a similar popsicle shop in Birmingham, Alabama.
“My wife and I lived in Birmingham from 2013 until January of 2021 and then moved to Tucson to be closer to her family,” said Harrison. “B’ham is a great food city with many talented chefs and cooks. As a result, there are also a lot of great, complimentary shops around town for desserts and other treats. My partner, Jim, is also my brother-in-law (we married sisters), and on a trip out to Alabama we took them to a local popsicle shop and they loved it.”
The shop is open from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Monday – Saturday and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Sunday.