Sonoita may have a population of 818, but with dozens of fantastic vineyards, tasting rooms and the most recent addition of Chef Greg LaPrad’s locally sourced restaurant Overland Trout, it’s well on its way to becoming a wine and food mecca.
For a taste of Southern Arizona’s best offerings, grab a seat at Overland Trout’s Summer White Wine Dinner on Monday June 23, with local food guru and beekeeper Noel Patterson. Set in the rolling hills of Arizona wine country, the five course menu combines the treasured produce of Sonoita with quality wine for an authentic dining experience.
Overland Trout White Wine Dinner Menu
- Pineapple & Jicama Salad with chopped pecans, shaved red onion, fresh herbs and chitepin yogurt vinaigrette / Chateau Petite Roubie, Picpoul de Pinet, 2012
- Chicken Liver Tacos, lime cilantro, onion and cabbage / Suavia, Soave Classico, 2012
- Mussels with White Wine, local leeks, cream, parsley, and grilled bread /Domaine Douloufakis Vidiano, Crete 2011
- Pan Fried Baja Rockfish Veracruz / Quenard ‘Les Abymes’ Savoie, 2012
- Goat Cheese and Fresh Berry Tartlette (with Noel’s Honey) / Skouras Moscofilero, Pelponnese, 2012
- What: Summer White Wine Dinner
- When: Monday, June 23, 2014
- Phone: 520-455-9316
- Website: http://overlandtrout.com/
Dinner starts at 6pm and costs $59 per person. For reservations call 520-455-9316. For more about Chef Greg LaPrad visit his Facebook page.