July 1st marks the the second stop on the DOWNTOWN Kitchen Around the Globe Summer Tour. Chef Janos’ culinary team has created a feast of low country dishes from Charleston, South Carolina, one of America’s most complex culinary capitals.
The menu, served a la carte or as a three course menu for $35-$37, includes twists on traditional southern cooking, such as:
- Charleston She Crab Soup, sherry, cream, lump crab roe
- Melon Salad, basil, mint, feta, avocados, almonds, arugula, gastrique onions, almond oil
- Cornmeal Fried Catfish, Crawfish Hush Puppies + Creole Sauce, cheesy bacon grits
- Carpetbagger Steak: bistro filet, cornmeal crusted oysters, succotash
- Paneed Yardbird, Hoppin’ John’s rice, creamed spinach, tasso gravy
- Low Country Shrimp Boil shrimp, andouille sausage, red taters, corn, ciabatta, rouille
- Peach Spoon Cobbler + Buttermilk Ice Cream with caramel
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding and Butter Pecan Ice Cream
The next few stops on the tour include Jerusalem and Lima, tasty and interesting cuisines that we are generally lacking in Tucson. So, take advantage all you foodies out there.
All guests are issued a Summer Passport and will receive stamps for free appetizers and entrees as they continue on the “tour” this summer. Four stamps = 1 free appetizer, 8 stamps = 1 free entrée.
The restaurant’s complete Summer Menu, Bar Menu and Happy Hour menus are also available every night. For reservations call 520-623-7700 or visit them online at www.DOWNTOWNKitchen.com