Delivering on its promise of “fun, fresh and seasonal,” Poppy Kitchen has announced a host of tasty changes to its summer menu.
“This new menu is all about being fun and fresh through the balance of the summer months,” said Brian Metzger of Metzger Family Restaurants, which owns and operates Poppy Kitchen. “When a whoopee pie can be imagined alongside an entrée and not just a dessert, or when you bring out the Corn Flakes as part of an afternoon or evening snack, it just shows how much fun we’ve been having in the kitchen – and calling on the classic flavors of the season, like fresh mint, sweet corn and velvety honey makes this menu a must for summertime dining.”
Here are a few dishes we are particularly excited about:
- Ribeye a la Plancha (seared on a flaming hot griddle) served with asiago creamed corn and butter-poached asparagus.
- Corn Flake-Crusted Chicken Wings served with a creamy scallion ranch dressing, serrano hot sauce, micro celery leaf and blue cheese salad.
- BBQ Pork Porterhouse, served with a cornbread whoopie pie filled with bacon jam and orange-blossom honey, accompanied by smashed garlic sweet potatoes and butter beans
- A new Kobe Cheeseburger on a whole wheat bun, topped with Collier’s cheddar cheese, heirloom tomato, house-made beet juice pickles, lettuce, shaved red onion and special sauce
- Short Ribs with a coconut red curry braise, served with shrimp and corn fritters with a Thai apple peanut slaw
- Duck Breast with duck confit fried rice, mushroom mint broth and garlicky snap peas
Poppy Kitchen is located at 3770 E Sunrise Dr, on the west side of the main parking area at Westin La Paloma Resort. For more information visit http://poppykitchentucson.com.