In addition to the delicious food, Clark is doing a number of things to promote the finer side of eating in Tucson and the greater Southern Arizona region. Such things include taking on the role of president of Slow Food Southern Arizona, using a number of local ingredients (as well as consulting with growers and producers), and sharing the spotlight with a number of local chefs through a monthly series of dinners at Agustín Kitchen called Dinner With Chefs.
On August 6th, Dinner With Chefs will feature Tyler Fenton of Reilly Craft Pizza + Drink. The menu will feature:
- Melon + Ham – Grilled peach gel, La Quecia ham, compressed melon, pickled rind, caramelized fennel & crumb, micro fennel paired with Jeio, Prosecco, DOC, Veneto.
- Goat Cheese + Squash – Goat cheese stuffed mezzaluna, local summer squash, browned Vermont butter, fresh thyme, pecorino paired with 2012 Terredora di Paolo, White Wine, DOC, Campania.
- Pork + Polenta – Grilled loin of pork, Hayden Mills AZ polenta, apricot mostarda, local swiss chard, confit baby carrots paired with 2011 Damilano, Barbera D’asti, DOCG, Piemonte.
- Berries + Cream – Mascarpone Bavarian cream, black berry filets, carbonated raspberries, compressed strawberries, confit lemon, milk solids, árvero limoncello pound cake paired with Strev, Moscato D’asti, DOCG, Piemonte.
(I suppose plus signs are the new thing.)
Word is seats are filling quickly for this one, so you might want to reserve your seat sooner than later. Upcoming Dinner With Chefs events will include:
- Dana Montenegro, Contigo (September 10)
- Ken Foy, Dante’s Fire (October 8)
Past chefs have included Acacia’s Albert Hall and La Paloma’s Marcos Castro.