Recent Hawaii transplant, Sarah Hart has launched Sana Raw, a plant-based foods company with a mission of providing aesthetically pleasing, raw and vegan gourmet foods. All products are made from organic ingredients and many are sourced from local farms and gardens such as the Food Conspiracy garden, San Xavier Co-op, and Sunizona.
“I really wanted to share foods with Tucson that open people’s eyes to how awesome raw food can be. It can be filling, gourmet, and a pleasure to eat. And, it can be more than just carrot sticks and kale.” says Hart.
Hart will launch Sana Raw with the following products all produced – as well as available – inside Urban Fresh:
- Cultured Macadamia Nut Cheeses. Similar to a fresh chèvre. Flavors include White Truffle (made with whole truffles in local olive oil), Pesto (from locally grown herbs), and Chipotle (from local jalapeños cold-smoked in-house). Fennel and Garlic creme fraiche ‘dressing’ to follow soon.
- Buckwheat Crisps. Made with local heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs, and paired with Sana Raw’s nut cheeses.
- Dessert Crepes and Pecan buns. Gluten, egg, and dairy-free.
- Sonoran Spice Brownies. Made with San Xavier Food Co-op Mesquite and local moles.
- Frida Toast. Coming soon, and made from local-onion bread topped with Truffle Chèvre, bitter greens, Shiitake, rainbow beets, and thyme.
- Crispy and savory snacks. Hand painted in two flavors: She’s So Pele (with wild harvested Chiltepins) and She’s So Purple (with beet, purple Shiso, and ume).
Hart is no stranger to raw foods. As founder of Maui Raw Gourmet, which was sold earlier this year, she fell in love with Arizona during a 2013 visit and was ready for a change of pace.
Keep an eye out for Sana Raw’s delivery meal-program.