Ever secretly wish you had a big Italian family for those big Italian family meals?
North Italia Executive Chef Carlos Calderon has created an enticing menu for the first event of their fall dinner series. The first dinner takes place October 15 at 6:30 pm and will feature four courses with wine pairings for $45 per person.
A new and exciting addition to this dinner – and the first we’ve seen from a Tucson Fox restaurant – is the heavy use of local ingredients including Brussels sprouts from Tanque Verde Gardens, Walking J Farm pork, Hayden Flour Mills semolina, and other produce from Tanque Verde Gardens.
Look for the second dinner November 12.
North Fall Dinner Series October 15 Menu
- Burrata alla Romana – Burrata, Brussels sprouts, marcona almond, golden raisin, whole grain mustard
- Local notes: Brussels sprouts, potato, carrots, onions, and herbs are from Tanque Verde Gardens.
- Bucatini alla Carbonara – Bucatini, guanciale, calabrian chile, egg, pecorino
- Local notes: Semolina flour from Hayden Flour Mills in Tempe.
- Porchetta di Ariccia – Roasted pork, fresh herbs, crispy potato, heirloom carrot
- Local notes: The Walking J Farm is the source of the roasted pork – Walking J Farm is a diverse, sustainable farm nestled in the watershed of the Santa Cruz River Valley in southern Arizona, just down the road from Tucson – it’s a true polyculture farm.
- Bigne di San Giuseppe – Orange cream puff & vanilla cream
- Local notes: The cake flour is from Hayden Flour Mills in Tempe.