Didn’t make it to North’s first Fall dinner on October 15? You only missed out on the triple cream mozzarella dream Burrata alla Romana, Bucatini alla Carbonara, and the Porchetta di Ariccia from Walking J Farm.
Not to worry, here is your second chance. For the second dinner in their Fall Chef Series, North Italia Executive Chef Carlos Calderon has created a brand new menu of hard to pronounce Italian dishes. Just like last time, North has opted to source many of their ingredients from local producers.
One we didn’t see at the last dinner is Forever Yong Farm, located in Amado, AZ. The farm has been run by the Moyza family, the original settlers, for over 100 years. Their main products are garlic and agave, but they also grow fresh produce for local markets.
The four course dinner with wine pairings is $45 per person. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.
North Fall Dinner Series November 12 Menu
- Frittelle di Ceci – Chickpea fritter, charred tomato, grilled onion, Mediterranean white anchovy
- Orecchiette Salentine – Orecchiette pasta made with Hayden Mills flour, lemon and clove sausage, broccoli rabe, chili
- Local notes: Semolina flour from Hayden Flour Mills in Tempe
- Agnello Brasato – Roasted leg of lamb with mustard, lamb jus, forever young butternut squash risotto, fall vegetables
- Local notes: Forever Yong Farm butternut squash risotto
- Torta all’olio D’oliva – Olive oil cake, Willcox apple, fall spiced mascarpone cream
- Local notes: Apples from Willcox
For more information, visit NoRTH on the web at http://www.northitaliarestaurant.com. RSVP in person or call (520) 299-1600.