(Photo Credit: Food For Ascension Cafe)
For over a year, Food for Ascension Cafe, located off 4th Avenue at 330 E. 7th Street, has offered all organic, plant-based, “farm-to-fork” lunch and dinner.
Now, Tucson’s plant-loving foodies can also enjoy breakfast until noon, along with an updated lunch menu.
“We want this to be a neighborhood bakery people routinely visit to buy their bread and baked goods. With a full coffee bar and a gamut of delicious gluten free and vegan pastries, we have you covered,” said Food For Ascension representative Amadon DellErba.
DellErba elaborated on the cafe’s mission to source all of their food from producers within a 55 mile radius, stating, “It’s not always easy to source so much locally, and it does take creativity and shifting the way we think about food. It links us right to the planting of the seed, and the process to get to our forks, and we hope that it will connect to our customers in that same way.”
Food for Ascension Breakfast Menu Highlights
- Sonoran Toast – Grilled bread with herb compound butter, local heritage beans, pico de gallo, coconut sambal, and garlic aioli topped with two fried eggs (available vegan and gluten-free)
- Fluffy Pancakes – Three pancakes with seasonal fruit compote, topped with whipped vanilla coconut served with a side of agave maple syrup (available vegan)
- Deconstructed Rosti – Seared crisp potato hash browns, wrapped in a two egg omelet with sautéed chiffonade, served with hot mustard sauce, roasted garlic aioli, and grilled artisan bread (available gluten-free)
Food for Ascension Lunch Menu Highlights
- Gnocchi – Sauteed with sweet potatoes, roasted red peppers, oyster mushrooms from Maggie’s Farm – caramelized onions, garlic and fresh sage
- Bibimbop – A bed of local white sonoran wheat berries, with ribbons of fresh choy, house picked carrots, beet, diakon, and red radish, topped with a poached egg, and served with sides of teriyaki and sweet red chili sauces (available vegan and gluten-free)
- Sweet Potato Medallions – Two roasted bell pepper rings filled with sweet potato and caramelized onions and pickled daikon relish topped with tamari roasted pumpkin seeds (available vegan and gluten-free)
Food for Ascensions’s summer hours are Tuesday through Thursday 9am to 3pm and Friday and Saturday 9am to 9pm.
For more information, visit foodforascension.org.