To kick off the 7th Annual Agave Fest, Hotel Congress will team up with Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails’ Janos Wilder to host an Agave Dinner Friday, May 1. The exclusive fundraising dinner will benefit Native Seeds/SEARCH, whose mission is to preserve the traditional agricultural community.
Guest Chef Janos Wilder has crafted a four-course menu highlighting southwestern and Hispanic cuisine with a twist, including dishes such as Callo de Hacha (scallop) Crudo and Coffee, Red Chili, Piloncillo, Black Pepper and Mezcal Rubbed Beef Rib-Eye Tacos.
Sergio Inurrigaro, the President and Founder of the Pro Mezcal Culture Association and Director of the Master Mezcalier Program, will also be present prior to the dinner to answer your most pressing agave questions at a meet and greet at 6:30pm.
The four-course dinner, which starts at 7pm, will be hosted in the Drawing Room at Maynards Market & Kitchen. Each course will be served with an agave spirit pairing. Only 32 seats are available at $95 each.
May 1st Agave Dinner Menu
- Callo de Hacha Crudo – Avocado, tomato petals, compressed watermelon radish, jalapeno agave syrup, cilantro
- Pea Shoots Salad – Cholla buds in escabeche, asparagus, queso oaxaca, jicama, jalapeno grapefruit vinaigrette
- Grilled Marinated Quail – Maple brioche, apricot sauce, membrillo, watercress
- Coffee, Red Chili, Piloncillo, Black Pepper and Mezcal Rubbed Beef Rib-Eye Tacos – Tepary bean refritos, cabbage, salsa fresca, chilitepin crema, cotijo, anita street flour tortillas
- Mexican Lime and Celery Ice Cream – Corn cookies and cajeta
For more information or to purchase the tickets to the Agave Dinner or Agave Fest, visit hotelcongress.com.