For the second leg of Downtown Kitchen + Cocktail’s Summer Tour, Janos Chef Devon Sanner are transporting Tucsonans to Moscow for Zakuskia Troika, Beef Shashlyk, and Apple Sharlotka. Haven’t brushed up on your Russian in a while? Allow us to translate.
Guests will enjoy a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts inspired by Russian cuisine, such as a trio of canapes on Barrio Bread Dark Russian Rye, cubes of marinated beef shoulder served on skewers, and Apple Charlotte.
No need to worry about which libations to enjoy while you’re there. Downtown K+C has prepared a vodka flight trio to pair with your meal, including Chopin (potato-based), Belvedere (rye-based) and Russian Standard (wheat-based).
Moscow Tour Menu at Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails
- Chilled Soup from the Dacha Garden – Chilled vegetable, kvas and sour cream soup with cucumber, radish, dill, parsley, scallions, beet puree and salmon caviar
- Zakuski Troika, Trio of Canapes On Barrio Bread Dark Russian Rye – 1. cured salmon, hard cooked egg, sour cream, cucumber, lemon zest, dill, salmon caviar, 2. house-smoked trout, herb butter, horseradish cream, radish, watercress, whitefish caviar, 3. marinated herring, carrot, red onion, dill, scallions, capelin caviar
- Golden Pig and Pickle – Crisp fried medallions of pork torchon with house-made summer pickles of cherries, beets, and watermelon
- Rainbow in the Cherry Orchard – Griddled rainbow trout stuffed with bacon and braised cabbage, tart cherry sauce, buckwheat pilaf with mushrooms and house-made farmer’s cheese
- Beef Shahlyk – Cubes of beef shoulder tender marinated in red wine, pomegranate and lemon juice and herbs, skewered and grilled with onions; eggplant caviar, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, basil, lemons and grilled flatbread
- Chicken Croquette Pozharskij – Breaded pan-fried chicken croquette and Madeira/porchini cream, olive oil crushed potatoes, pickled beets
- Vanilla Custard and Fresh Berry Compote
- Apple Sharlotka and Blueberry Buttermilk Ice Cream
Order menu items individually, or try the Three-Course Menu for $36 ($33 with the chicken entree.)
The Moscow menu is available until August 3, when Downtown K+C switches gears entirely and begins serving the next menu, focused on Kingston, Jamaica.
For more information, visit downtownkitchen.com.