On Saturday, October 17th, Buckelew Farms is inviting Southern Arizona’s top pit masters and chefs to compete in the first ever horror-themed barbecue contest, Zom-B-Q.
The one-of-a-kind Zom-B-Q Trophy will be awarded to the scariest, tastiest dish as decided by the event’s guests. Fans will be given a voting sheet to pick their favorite and judging will be based on creativity and overall flavor in the categories of taste, texture and theme.
If you’re still feeling inspired, enter to win a $100 bonus prize for the most imaginative dessert using fresh Buckelew Farm pumpkins, awarded by guest judge, local musician Drew Cooper.
Chefs are welcome to serve, but not sell, additional sides, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages or complimentary dishes to highlight your brand or showcase your skills. Cooking can be done prior to the event or on-site (permits required) and all teams may sell any non-food related merchandise, take catering orders, collect names and professionally promote your business.
There will be live entertainment by Drew Cooper, beer provided by Budweiser, and more Halloween festivities all-day at Buckelew Farms.
The entry fee is $250 per team and includes the following:
- Up to four (4) badges for your cooking team
- Prime Pork Loin or Butt courtesy of Merit Foods (enough to provide samples for 500+ guests)
- Fresh pumpkins from Buckelew Farms for optional dessert round
- Inclusion in website, social media and all related marketing efforts
- 6 ft’ table, table-drape and two (2) chairs
- 500+ plates, utensils & napkins for samples
- Voting sheets, pencils and hole punches
- Power/electricity (upon request, as needed)
- Designated parking area, general safety measures and light cleanup post-event
Teams are responsible for providing the following (and all must fit into 10 x 15 space):
- Grill, smoker or cooking/warming element (as needed)
- All cooking equipment, serving ware, utensils and related prep tools
- Tent and weights, additional table(s) for prep and hand-off, hand-washing station
- Any and all signages, banners or promotional material, merchandise, giveaways and related promotional items
- Necessary food permits (in advance)
- Booth staff
- High-res logo for inclusion in marketing material
Doors open at 6pm and all winners will be announced at 7:30pm. Space is limited, so reserve your spot soon.
For more information or to enter, visit buckelewfarm.com or contact Adam Lazarus at email@example.com or 520-591-1025, or Clint Buckelew at firstname.lastname@example.org.