UPDATE: This event is sold out.
We’re excited to announce a new ongoing series of pop-up dinners with local restaurants. For this first run, we’re taking over Commoner & Co. completely. It’s still a pop-up dinner, but we take over the restaurant for the evening and only offer the tasting menu.
For each dinner, we partner with a local restaurant and chef to develop a Tucson Foodie approved, boundary pushing menu featuring local ingredients, multiple courses, and beverage pairings.
These aren’t your average pop-up dinners. We encourage the chef to strongly push the boundaries of what they’ve offered in the past to deliver a true feast for Tucson Foodies.
And, as an added bonus, we’re trying to keep the price of the dinners as low as possible, considering each dinner includes anywhere from three to five courses (sometimes more) and a beverage pairing option.
For our first dinner we’re teaming up with Commoner & Co and the esteemed chef Ginny Wooters. Wooters’ experience in the kitchen runs deep having worked as a chef in Tucson for nearly a decade at Jax Kitchen, The Abbey, Gio Taco, Poppy Kitchen, Pie Bird, and formerly in Portland, Oregon.
Here’s the menu that Wooters has created:
Menu For Tucson Foodie Takeover Pop-Up at Commoner & Co
Amuse Bouche – Surprise
- “Fish and chips” – Sweet potato fries, flash fried fresh anchovies, black garlic oil, charred lemon aioli
- Vichysoisse w/ Osetra caviar, whipped crème fraiche
- Paired with 2013 La Fruitére Chardonnay (Loire, France)
- Grapefruit charred baby octopus, compressed melon, passion fruit caramel, radish, micro shiso, sea salt
- Tomato vin sphere, house pulled and smoked mozzarella, balsamic dirt
- Paired with 2014 La Petite Perriere Rosé (Loire France)
- Tamarind Glaze Smoked Prime Brisket – Medjool date barbecue sauce, garlic seared yucca, pickled mango
- Duck Leg Confit – Pressed, cherries, parsnip puree, bacon brittle
- Paired with 2012 Carr Cabarnet Franc, Camp Four Vineyard (Santa Ynez Valley, California)
- Foie Panna Cotta – Fresh currants, figs, butterscotch, cookie
- Coconut Gelato – Pistachio oil, chia seed cracker
- Paired with 2013 La Fleur Renaissance Antoine Moviex (Sauterne, France)
The Commoner & Co Takeover Dinner is $39 per person ($59 with the wine pairings) and takes place Wednesday, March 16 for one night only. This is an exclusive event and the menu will only be available for one night as the restaurant is sourcing ingredients not typically used for their regular menu.
For reservations, please call (520) 257-1177. (Note: call after 3pm to reach a hostess.)