If you missed our first pop-up dinner of 2016 at Commoner & Co. back in March, here’s another opportunity to experience an evening of multiple courses paired with beverages.
BOCA Tacos Chef Maria Mazon will close her popular, non-traditional taco joint to the general public Monday, June 6 for a small-ish, exclusive four course dinner.
The evening will begin on the patio with live music, popcorn, and a Chef Maria cocktail concoction. Following the entertainment, we’ll seat 24 people promptly at 5:30 p.m. and a second round at 7 p.m. The majority of seats will be inside, however three tables for two will be available on the patio.
Fair warning – BOCA is small. Maria and her cooks will be running the food. Essentially, this will be a non-traditional dinner and certain things you might expect in a full service restaurant, you might not find during this dinner.
That said, Maria truly is an amazing and talented chef with a strong team. If you’ve ever eaten at BOCA, you know this. At the same time, you don’t know this as well as you could, since she’s typically limited to tacos. Here’s what she has planned for the evening:
BOCA Tacos Pop Up Dinner Menu
Amuse Bouche (if you could call it that)
- Beverage: Blueberry Lemonade
- Corn on the Cob Pancake with cotija, crema, lime, and chile
- Beverage: Chile Ancho Margarita
- Beet Pasta & Ribeye with a chipotle chocolate Rub
- Beverage: Dirty Tequila Blanco Martini with agave nectar, twist, and olive
- Salmon enchiladas with a basil Gorgonzola sauce
- Beverage: Tequila Mojito
- Horchata Bon Bon with “Isabella’s Ice Cream” and Raspberry Jalapeño Jam
- Beverage: Carajillo (a Spanish cocktail combining coffee, brandy, whisky, anisette, or rum)
Maria will share an exciting announcement during the evening, as well as come out from the kitchen to describe each course.
To take a load off the staff, we’re selling tickets to this dinner instead of asking guests to call and make a reservation and pay at the end of the meal. Tickets are $69 plus Eventbrite fees. Additional drinks may be purchased during the dinner, if necessary, although, you probably won’t need any. For these, the BOCA team will start a tab for you.
For tickets, please visit the official Boca Tacos Pop Up Dinner event page on Eventbrite.