To celebrate local wine and the recent launch of the Arizona Vignerons Alliance, an organization dedicated to ensure the authenticity of Arizona wines, Ermanos Craft Beer & Wine Bar is hosting a private dinner Monday, July 11.
The event will feature a six-course meal paired with six local wines, three from Sand-Reckoner Vineyards, and three from Callaghan Vineyards.
AVA Private Dinner Menu
- Modern caesar with applewood smoked halibut, paired with Sand-Reckoner Vermentino 2015
- Crab cakes with tomato puree, paired with Callaghan Ann’s White 2015
- Housemade yogurt, blackberry reduction, Dos Manos Apiaries honeycomb, paired with Sand-Reckoner Rosé 2015
- Arizona grain vegetarian linguini alfredo, paired with Callaghan Grenache 2013
- Lamb shank and four-bean chorizo stew, paired with Sand Reckoner X 2013
- Lemon bar with custard and whipped cream quenelle, served with Callaghan Symphony 2010
Winemakers Rob Hammelman of Sand-Reckoner Vineyards and Kent Callaghan of Callaghan Vineyards will be present at the event. The dinner will also feature live music from the band Tesoro.
“Since our opening last year, we have been committed to supporting and pouring Arizona wine at Ermanos,” said Ermanos wine curator Anya Linda.
“For our customers, seeing the AVA seal on a bottle will remove any doubt as to whether the wine was 100% grown and vinted in Arizona.”
The six-course dinner and wine pairings is priced at $75.
If you can’t make it to the event, Ermano’s is also offering summer specials for the months of June, July, and August. This month, guests can enjoy a white truffle Barrio Rojo swiss cheese fondue.
And if you’re lucky, your favorite summer special could be added to the menu permanently in the fall.
“We are eager to play with more beer and wine-centric dishes, as well as bolstering our house fermentations and pickled foods,” said brothers Mark and Eric Erman.
For more information and to purchase tickets to the private dinner, visit ermanosbrew.com.