El Cisne recently hosted two dinners highlighting cuisine from Brazil and Argentina. Now it’s time to join El Cisne for A Chilean Night at 5 p.m., Saturday, July 23.
A Chilean Night will feature traditional Chilean dishes and beverages. Many of the ingredients that will be used in the dishes have been imported from Chile.
The event will also feature live Chilean music and traditional cuecas — Chile’s national dance.
“We have created a food and drink menu which will surely conjure up nostalgia of home for Chilenos and a wonderful culinary and entertaining experience for anyone seeking to partake in an authentic Chilean evening.”
El Cisne’s A Chilean Night Menu:
- Ensalada Chilena — Chilean salad served with balsamic and oil dressing
- Pastel de Choclo — Sweet pressed corn pie with beef
- Estofado de Carne — Chilean stew served with Angus beef, sweet potato, green peas, and a paprika red saute
- Congrio Frito — Pacific king clip served fried and battered with potatoes and vegetables
- Alfajores — Chilean cookies stuffed with dulce de leche
- Piscolas Pisco Sour
- Chilean Cabernet and Chardonnay
“Our previous two events brought out many South Americans who live here in the United States or happen to be visiting,” general manager Nancy Carnero said.
“Their response was incredible and they applauded the efforts we are putting forth to really promote all that is beautiful about these countries,” she said. “We want to share these unique cultures with as many people as possible to get the message out that Latin America is a diverse place full of life and adventure.”
If that’s not enough, guests can look forward to a Peruvian Night in the near future.
For more information, visit elcisnerestaurant.com.