Tucson, it’s time to get excited. The SAVOR Food & Wine Festival, arguably Tucson’s best food festival, returns to the Tucson Botanical Gardens Saturday, February 4.
SAVOR is known as the largest culinary festival in Southern Arizona and brings together over 70 restaurants, chefs, breweries, wineries, and food purveyors. The festival is presented in partnership with the Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance, Local First Arizona, and the Tucson Botanical Gardens — all of which educate and promote the culture of Southern Arizona.
The event will feature tastings of chefs’ signature dishes, wine and cocktail samples, interactive cooking stations, live music, an event raffle, and the opportunity to engage with local chefs. The participating chefs and restaurants have yet to be announced.
Guests who attend the festival will also be given admission to the Botanical Gardens’ newest Frida Kahlo exhibit in addition to Butterfly Magic. Both exhibits are scheduled to end in May.
“This spectacular community collaboration has truly grown to become the largest annual showcase of Southern Arizona’s rich and diverse culinary talent, and native foods,” SAACA Executive Director Kate Marquez said.
“We look forward to highlighting our regional cuisine and providing an opportunity for our community to come together to spend a day experiencing local foods and recipes in one of our region’s most serene settings at the Tucson Botanical Gardens,” she said.
Last year’s event sold out and welcomed over 1,200 people. Early bird tickets are on sale currently for $65 each. This is a 21+ event.
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn – Various flavors of Artisan Popcorn
- Agustin Kitchen – Duck Goulash
- aka Deli & Bakeshop – Morning Buns
- The Coronet – Butternut Squash Bruschetta with local Barrio bread & veggies
- Alfonso Gourmet Olive Oil & Balsamics – Serrano Honey Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Bruchetta (using Local Serrano Honey Vinegar)
- Angie’s Gourmet To Go – New Orleans Style Seafood Gumbo (locally made Andouille sausage)
- Kalil Bottling Company, OFFICIAL WATER SPONSOR FIJI – Featuring samplings of RC Cola, Diet RC, 7UP, Canada Dry Ginger Ale and A&W Root Beer
- Arizona Doe Baking Co. – French Macarons (local Meyer lemons & prickly pear)
- Beyond Bread – King Cake – A sweet cinnamon pastry, draped with festively colored frosting and sugar for Mardi Gras.
- Boca Tacos y Tequila – Cochimito Pork with pibil sauce micro green garnish
- Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ – Smoked Beef Brisket, Burnt End BBQ Pit Beans ( Local Angus Beef from 1855 Farms)
- BrushFire BBQ Co.
- Cafe Botanica – Magdalena Squash Bread made with Mesquite Flour and Agave Syrup served with Hand-churned butter and Limequat Marmalade (Local Magdalena Squash, Mesquite beans, lime-quats)
- Charro Steak – Tortilla chips, salsa sampling as well as vegan and classic guacamole (Local chiles)
- Chef Chic – Tequila Braised Pork with a nopales salsa and a refreshing Palomas drink with grapefruit cream float
- Crossroads Restaurant – Red Chile mini Chimi and Beans
- Dakota Restaurant and Dakota Catering – Tempura Coconut Shrimp with Orange Sweet and Sour Chutney and Confetti Cole Slaw with Homemade Sweet and Sour Poppy Seed Dressing
- Dominicks Real Italian – Homemade Lasagna and Tiramisu
- El Charro Cafe – Tortilla chips, salsa sampling and vegan and classic guacamole (local chiles)
- El Cisne – Cocina de Mexico Squash, tomato carrot, cheese and Onion Soup and mushrooms stuffed with chorizo, with Queso Fresco and handmade tortillas
- Epazote at the Tucson Hilton El Conquistador Resort – Red wine pairing with featured menu sampling
- Ermanos Craft Beer & Wine Bar – Pulled Pork Tacos paired with locally brewed craft beer and red wine sangria
- Fermented Tea Company – Prickly Pear Kombucha
- SpunLight – Cotton Candy Organic Cotton Candy in various flavors
- Gourmet Girls Bakery & Bistro – Mocha Dacquoise Meringue Bites
- GRINGO grill+cantina – Paella and cocktail pairing, Fideo noodle paella, with lemon garlic aioli (Local Corn)
- Kingfisher – Creole Gulf Shrimp and Fresh White Anson Mills Grits, Antebellum Fresh White Grits from South Carolina (heritage)
- Mama’s Hawaiian BBQ – Prickly Pear Lemon Squares (Local mesquite flour and prickly pear syrup)
- North Italia – Osso Buco Cappelleti (Local mushroom, roasted sunchoke, truffle jus, I’itoi onion) with Ricotta Panna Cotta (Almond Biscotti, Fig and Date compote).
- Bob’s Steak & Chop House – House Cured Salmon & Creme Fraiche and dessert pairing of Lavender Rose Bavarian Cream
- Primo at JW Marriott Reosrt and Spa – Porchetta Slider with Arugula and Aioli (Local Pork Belly – Starbar Farms)
- Queen Ceviche – Margarita with local Hibiscus flower
- Ramona Farms American Indian Foods – Poshol (Tepary bean soup) and Tepary bean brownies (Local Tepary beans and pima club wheat)
- Rigo’s Restaurant – White Sangria and Chicken chile poblanos platter
- Seis Kitchen and Catering – Cochinita Pibil Street Taco
- The Living Room Wine Cafe & Lounge – Chilaquiles- tostadas layered with green chili chicken, cotija cheese, crème fraiche, and cilantro
- Tohono Chul Garden Bistro – Three Sisters + Cheese Tostadito, Mole Sauce, Salsa “Tomato”, Desert Winter Greens, Cilantro Pop Rocks, Corn, Pinto Beans, Squash, Mole, Cheese, Citrus, Winter Greens, Chilies
- Wildflower – Bacon Wrapped Jidori Chicken Torchon- Smoked Cheddar Grits, Charred Cipollini Onion, Brussels Sprout, Natural Jus and Sticky Toffee Pudding- Medjool Date, Roasted Pear, Vanilla Cardamom Yogurt (Local Hayden Flour Mill Grits and McClendon’s Farm Medjool Dates)
- Yellow Brick Coffee – (Cold) Honduras: Mi Tazita Cold Brew on Nitrogen, and (Hot) Kenya: Kamoini hand-brewed via a Chemex
- PY Steakhouse at Casnio Del Sol – Port Salut Pot De Creme, Truffle Honey, Whiskey Libation (Local White Sonoran Wheat, Honey) Partnering is Breakthru Beverage on libation sampling.
- Guiseppe’s Italian Kitchen – Artichoke Bruchetta and spring mix salad with gorgonzola and grilled asparagus with Lamb osso bucco
- Cheri’s Desert Harvest – Prickly Pear Cactus Lemonade and Jalapeno Pepper Dip with Crackers (Prickly pear cactus syrup from locally grown farm and jalapeno pepper dip from locally sourced produce company)
- AJ’s Fine Foods – Brown Butter Truffle Tarts
- Cactus Slap – Salsa with local Hatch Chiles
- 1912 Brewing Company – Selected local Brews
- Barrio Brewing – Selected Local Brews
- Aridus Wine Company – Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, Tank 16 (blend), Malbec, Syrah, Tank 9 (red blend)
- Caduceus Cellars / Merkin Vineyards – Chupacabra Blanca, Chupacabra, Dos Ladrones, Primer Paso
- CataVinos – Wine Selections
- Dragoon Brewing Co. – Selected Local Brews
- Golden Rule Vineyards – 2013 Black Diamond, 2011 Second Chance Zinfandel, 2012 Commonwealth, 2013 Petite Sirah
- Hamilton Distillers – The Easy Breather: Whiskey Del Bac Clear, creme de cacao, cinnamon syrup, lemon juice, strawberries
- PRP Wine – White Italian blend Duca d’ Amalfi and red French blend Chevalier de Bayard
- Pueblo Vida Brewing Company – Bavarian Hefeweizen & Seasonal IPA
- Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine Tequila – Fresh mango piece with the Silver Tequila, Cheese Pairing with Reposado, imported chocolate with Añejo.
- Sand-Reckoner – Select Wine Samples
- Sonoita Vineyards – Select Wine Samples
- Three Wells Distilling – Cocktail and Libation Sampling
- Oskar Blues – Selected brews
- Firestone Walker – Union Jack, Luponic Distortion, Pivo Pilsner, 805
- SanTan Brewing Company – Grapefruit Shandy, HopShock IPA, MoonJuice IPA, Grapefruit MoonJuice IPA, Mr. Pineapple
- White Claw – Spiked Spirit Mixers, Sparkling Flavors in Natural Lime, Black Cherry and Ruby Grapefruit
- Finley Distributing – Henry’s Hard Soda-Grape, Blueberry Ale, Blue Moon & Leinenkugel seasonal flavors
- PRP Wine – Chevalier de Bayard, a French red Grenanche blend
- Arizona Hops & Vines – Sparkling Moscato, wine cocktails, red wine
- 1912 Brewing Company – Draft beer, IPA, Sour Brews
- Dos Cabezas WineWorks – Arizona Wine
- Pillsbury Wine Company – Rosé 15, WildChild White 14, WildChild Red 14, Roan Red 13