Here’s what’s shaking this week at the Carriage House:
Love on the Lido Deck
7 – 10 p.m. Wednesday, February 14 • $50 per person
Chocolate Ganache Cake, Prickly Pear Limoncello Granita, and Donut at a Gastronomic Union of Tucson (GUT) dinner at the Carriage House (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Chefs Janos Wilder and Devon Sanner will entice guests via Love on the Lido Deck from 7 – 10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 14.
This won’t be a traditional sit-down dinner, however — the social party welcomes singles, couples, and groups of friends looking for a place to embrace an atmosphere of vacation romance floating in the sea air, celebrate the idea that love may arrive on that next wave, or “amuse one’s bouche” all night long with their posse in tow.
Tickets cost $50, which includes the Launch Cocktail, passed hors d’oeuvres, multiple tasting stations, entertainment by DJ Satyr spinning Love Potion #9, a spacious dance floor, and slightly salty, ice-breaking interactive game areas. Beer, wine, and signature cocktails will be available for purchase throughout the evening.
Getting Some Action Stations
- Hot Legs – basil and mint pesto leg of lamb on grilled flatbread
- Pork is for Lovers – rosemary redolent porchetta and roasted fennel on hot buns
- Pink Taco – seared salmon taco with chipotle + honey + apple salsa
Love Bites: Passed Hors d’Oeuvre
- Slow Jams – profiteroles with honey + chamomile brie and fig jam
- Menage Artichauts – grilled artichoke, preserved lemon, smoked paprika, and hummus spiral sandwiches
- Jack of Hearts Cakes – jackfruit and hearts of palm croquettes with ginger + lime + basil aioli
- Smooth and Creamy Chilled Avocado Soup + roasted red grapes
- Pork Me, Spoon Me – spoons of rich feijoada with Ben Forbes’ sausage
- Come Hither – Manhattan gelee + Morello cherry in kumquat shell
- Full Cup – Pimm’s Cup cocktail gelee in cucumber with strawberry, mint, lemon zest
Happy Endings: Sweets
- Buzz Me – Kahluatruffles
- El Chilon – ancho + Ibarra brownies
- Nipples of Venus
- Key Party Lime Tartlets
To purchase tickets, call Megan at (520) 615-6100, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Love on the Lido Deck event page.
Chinese New Year
6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Friday, February 16 • $65 per person
The Carriage House is hosting their second annual Chinese New Year celebration at The Carriage House on Friday, February 16 at 6:30 p.m.
Dance troupe Jade Lion will ring in the Year of The Dog with the Lion Dance while diners enjoy a Chinese five-course banquet.
The evening will begin at a welcome cocktail, followed by dinner with wine.
Tickets are $65 per person and includes the welcome cocktail, five-course banquet, and half-bottle of wine per person.
Chinese New Year Menu
- Shrimp Spring Roll – sweet chili sauce, spicy mustard, XO sauce
- Dim Sum Trio – char siu bao, braised phoenix claw, and pork jiaozi
- Henan Catfish – longevity noodles, and Chinese greens
- Braised Beef Short Rib with Anise and Tangerine – gai lan rice cakes
- Parfait of Pandan Gelee, Coconut Panna Cotta – orange + ginger soup, and sesame tangyuan
To purchase tickets, call Megan at (520) 615-6100, email email@example.com, or visit the Chinese New Year event page.
The Carriage House is located at 125 S Arizona Ave. For more information, carriagehousetucson.com.