The event allows an opportunity for local chefs that have showcased at food events around the world to bring their menus home.
These days, Tucson has international culinary clout. Since the city was honored with membership in the UNESCO Creative Cities and Delice networks, some of our top chefs have been strutting their stuff at food events around the world.
Now they are bringing it all back home at the Third Annual Chefs on a Global Stage bash — and for a good cause. Proceeds go to a special fund to bring chefs from other UNESCO Cities of Gastronomy to Tucson.
The following are the chef participants in the events and the tastes of Tucson that they will re-create at the Carriage House on November 14th from 5pm to 8pm. Note: Shunde, China; Macao, China; Gazientep, Turkey; and Burgos, Spain are all UNESCO Cities of Gastronomy. Stavenger, Norway is part of the Delice Network.
- Jeronimo “Mo” Madril (Geronimo’s Revenge) presented in Shunde, China: Elote noodles with bacanora cream and chiltepin
- Erika Bostick (Fonda la Hermanita) cooked in Macao, China: Prickly pear marinated scallop crudo on tomatillo hominy salad, pickled cholla bud and chiltepin
- Todd Sicolo (Gold at Westward Look) cooked in Stavanger, Norway: Braised pork belly taco, shaved jicama, pickled corn, and cilantro
- Moody Elbarasi (The Coronet) presented in Gaziantep, Turkey: Seared beef liver, date & h:aal squash puree with Hosui pear, toasted Acorns, pear and serrano salad, Sand Reckoner Roussane reduction
- Devon Sanner (Carriage House) presented as one of the City of Gastronomy summer menus at Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails from Burgos, Spain: Pincho of serrano ham, queso de Burgos, tomato jam
(Don’t worry, Devon Sanner got to go to China with Erika Bostick as a mentor chef.)
This event will also showcase award-winning southern Arizona wines.
Tickets for the event, to be held at the Carriage House on November 14, from 5pm to 8pm, are only $35; what a deal! Purchase tickets in advance at the official Chefs on a Global Stage Eventbrite page.
The Carriage House is located at 125 S. Arizona Avenue in downtown Tucson. For additional information visit carriagehousetucson.com or call 520- 615-6100.