There’s nothing like walking into a restaurant, one that you frequently visit, and being greeted by a handful of new dishes to take a bite out of. Presenting a menu that showcases a variety of Mediterranean-inspired dishes, Pita Jungle is mixing things up this summer with its newly launched Seasonal Kitchen Crafts Menu.Similar to last year, these meals will be around for a certain amount of time — until they release a different seasonal menu, that is. This current menu is aimed at getting folks out of the heat and into the restaurant, named “Summertime and the Eating is Healthy.”
The new bites include the Chicken-Asada Super Greens ‘n Grains Southwest Bowl and the Very Chicken Vindaloo — just a couple of the items from the menu the restaurant is calling “Summertime and the Eating is Healthy.”
The light, fresh, and unprocessed dishes are available now for dine-in, takeout, and delivery. Go one ahead and beat the heat, so to speak, with these nutritious options.
“Summertime and the Eating is Healthy” menu
- Moroccan Gazpacho – Tomatoes, garbanzo beans, cucumber, onion, cilantro, celery, jalapeno, lemon juice, golden raisins, seasonings. Served cold with pine nuts and pita chip. Served vegan with cucumbers. (Gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Labneh Dip Mezze Veggies and Chips – Labneh blended with za’atar-thyme mix, tomato, Persian cucumber, kalamata olives, fresh mint, evoo, toasted pita. Made gluten-free with gluten-free pita.
- Chicken-Asada Super Greens ‘n Grains Southwest Bowl – Juicy Mediterranean dark meat chicken-asada, tossed in a chopped salad of red quinoa, avocado, tomato, roasted jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, parsley, sumac, a squeeze of lemon juice, and EVOO, on a bed of romaine lightly tossed in a freshly made red wine vinaigrette. Garnished with jicama sticks. Made vegan or vegetarian with tofu. (Gluten-free)
- Levantine Lentils and Greens Stir Fry Salad Bowl – Stir fry of lentils, spinach, Tuscan kale, baby arugula, and caramelized onions, atop a freshly tossed salad with seasonal mixed greens, tomato, Persian cucumber, yellow and red bells, radish, red onion, mint, sumac, a squeeze of fresh lemon, red wine vinegar, and EVOO. (Vegetarian)
- “High Plains Mediterranean Drifter” Garbanzo Tostada – Twice-boiled garbanzo, yogurt-tahini crema, avocado, yellow bells, tomato, Persian cucumber, celery, red onion, jicama, roasted jalapeno, on a pita tostada, with pine nuts, cilantro, parsley, mint and a lemon squeeze. Made gluten-free with gluten-free pita. (Vegetarian)
- Gyro Super Hero – Plant-based high protein gyro, vegan tzatziki, seasonal mixed greens, tomato, red onions, Mediterranean pickles and a Greek pita. Made gluten-free with gluten-free pita and vegan with regular pita. (Vegetarian)
- Very Chicken Vindaloo – Mediterranean dark meat chicken-asada in a spicy vindaloo sauce, turmeric brown rice, honey glazed cabbage-kale super greens and green onions. (Gluten-free)
- The Amazing [Hummus & Chicken] Pita – Mediterranean dark meat chicken-asada, freshly made hummus, chipotle-tahini based cabbage-kale super greens, avocado, tomato, Mediterranean pickles, red onions, pine nuts, lemon juice and pita. Can also be served as a bowl with turmeric brown rice. Made vegan and vegetarian with tofu, gluten-free with gluten-free pita.
- Kataïfi Cookie – A gooey cookie of shredded filo dough and crushed walnuts.
Pita Jungle only has one location in Tucson but if you’re on the run and wandering around Arizona there are more than 20 other locations to visit. Pita Jungle’s menu is influenced by tastes from around the globe with the benefits of the Mediterranean diet always apparent through the use of healthy lean proteins, veggies, legumes, nuts, grains, and fruit.
Pita Jungle is located at 7090 N. Oracle Rd. For more information, visit pitajungle.com.