Over the past few weeks, Borderlands Brewing Company has been quietly serving beers and dishing out chef Maria Mazon’s cuisine at 2500 E. Sixth St. Now, the taproom and restaurant is ready to host its official grand opening.
The crew at Borderlands Brewing Company will debut their brand-new satellite location on Saturday, January 21, at 3 p.m. A live mariachi band will also be there to set the mood for the fiesta.
It’s been 11 years since the original location opened its doors and the new spot in the Sam Hughes neighborhood oughta be a popular spot — for those in the neighborhood and to those traveling from afar.
Plenty to drink & eat
No brewing will be done at this new location, but 20 taps of their own craft beer will be featured along with rotating local guest beers. Additionally, folks can dabble with their wine selection, boozy slushies, craft cocktails, and non-alcoholic aguas frescas.
Perhaps one of the most exciting additions to the taproom is the partnership between Borderland’s Brewing Company and award-winning chef, Maria Mazon. Mazon, known for her restaurant BOCA by Chef Maria Mazon, has created a new menu for the location — she’s really put her heart into every dish.
Read our November 2022 article, “Borderlands Brewing & BOCA’s Maria Mazon are cooking up 3 new concepts.”
Below is a look at the food menu Mazon’s crafted into fruition.
Borderlands Brewing at Sam Hughes Food Menu
- Cerveza Con Queso – Viejo Pueblo beer, melted white cheddar with roasted bell peppers, and blonde ale served with fried chips ($9)
- Chicharrones – lime, chiltepin salt ($7)
- Warm Peanuts – chiltepin salt ($6)
- Fresh chips & House Salsas – raw tomatillo and tomato chiltepin ($6)
- Panela Frita – fried Panela tossed with honey, chiltepin salt, sesame seeds, and a guajillo tomato sauce ($10)
- Fried corn tortillas topped with onions, queso fresco, and Mexican crema, tossed with a sauce of your choice and cheese ($13)
- Sauces (all GF and Vegan) – mole, verde-tomatillo, and frijol-pinto beans sauce
- Proteins – poached egg ($2), mushrooms sauteed with garlic ($4), chicken cooked in herbs and Mexican spices ($5), and ropa vieja-shredded skirt steak ($6)
- Enmoladas – three quesadillas with Oaxaca cheese topped with mole, poblano, onions, a sesame seeds ($13)
- Tacos Dorados – three tacos with your choice of protein pan-fried and topped with mixed greens, cotija cheese, and pickled veggies ($14)
- Mexican Caprese -tomatoes, queso fresco, and Mexican oregano tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette, topped with pepitas
- Ensalada Verde – mixed organic greens, fennel, queso fresco, pistachios, and green apples tossed in a chiltepin honey vinaigrette ($14)
- Cookies and Milk – Big Cowboy cookie and milk. Contains oatmeal, chocolate chip, pecans, & coconut flakes ($6)
Borderlands Brewing Company’s new location will be at 2500 E. Sixth St. and you can find the original location at 119 E. Toole Ave. For more information, visit borderlandsbrewing.com or follow Borderlands Brewing on Instagram.