Arizona Restaurant Week is a great time to check out places you haven’t tried before at incredibly low prices. Since the promotion drives a substantial amount of new business, many restaurants put in a little extra effort to really make their ARW menus shine. For this fall’s Arizona Restaurant Week, Epazote Kitchen & Cocktails’ Jonathan Kupper cut no corners in creating a menu worthy of foodie worship.
With a chili pepper theme, the Some Like it Hot menu features a number of appetizers, main course options, and a dessert, made with a variety of peppers including Hatch chiles, serrano peppers, guajillo, chipotle, ghost chili, and ancho chiles.
For example, the Smoked Beef Marrow, available as an appetizer option, is an almost 8 inch long halfed bone of beef marrow, cold smoked over hickory and apple wood chips, finished in the oven, and served with cilantro gremolita, serrano pepper apple jam, and grilled toast. Scooping the marrow out of the bone is literally like scooping softened butter.
Here’s the entire Epazote Kitchen & Cocktails menu for Arizona Restaurant Week:
- Hatch Relleno – Nimbus Beer Batter, chorizo, pineapple salsa
- Smoked Beef Marrow – Serrano apple jam, grilled bread
- Grand Canyon Ale Brined Shrimp – Fettuccini, chipotle cream, tomato, spinach, artichoke, crimini mushroom, manchego cheese
- Grilled Mahi Mahi – Guajillo risotto, habanero mojo, pickled green mango
- Ghost Chili BBQ Smoked Ribs – Sweet potato fries, apple kale slaw
- Ancho Chili Chocolate Mousse – orange toasted meringue, raspberry coulis
For more information, check out our recent Arizona Restaurant Week feature. For more information regarding Epazote Kitchen & Cocktails, located inside the Hilton El Conquistador, visit http://epazotekitchen.com/.