The first leg of the Kingfisher summer road trip menu for 2016 began May 27 highlighting flavors of six regions throughout the United States. The menu will be offered until Tuesday, June 14.
Chefs and owners Jim Murphy and Jeff Azersky, along with Executive Chef Fred Harris have handpicked and created each of the summer menus.
Road trip menus will be available for about two weeks before the tour visits its next culinary location. The road trip ends on September 4.
The first menu, created by Murphy, will showcase the southwest, including flavors from Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico. The southwest menu will be available from May 27 to June 14.
And for all you design nerds, Kingfisher reached out again to local designer Dennis Fesenmyer with Fezlab for the second year in a row to design the menus. Check them out:
Kingfisher Summer Road Trip Menu 2016: Southwest
- Baked gulf oysters – Reposado tequila, cilantro pesto, Casera cheese
- Seafood albondigas soup – seafood meatballs, shellfish tomato broth, corn rajas
- Quail spinach salad – sage vinaigrette, avocado, roasted peppers and chiles, tomatoes, walnuts
- Tortilla lasagne – flour tortilla, poblano, red peppers, avocado, goat cheese, tomatillo sauce, pico de gallo
- Pan seared lenguado – cilantro-lime butter sauce, smoked tomato, Achiote Texmati rice, jicama slaw, grilled squash
- Braised beef short ribs – roasted tomatillo-green chile sauce, black bean masa cake, roasted cauliflower, pickled onion
- Grilled half duckling – chile rojo, calabacitas, Texmati rice, verduras en escabeche
- Grilled shrimp torta – chipotle aioli, Texmati rice, charro beans, marinated cabbage, Casera cheese, pickled onion
- New Mexico green chile apple pie – walnut streusel, caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream
- Ibarra Chocolate flan – Mexican wedding cookies and whipped cream
- Black Hole Sun – Del Bac "Dorado" mesquite smoked whiskey, Fernet Branca, house praline liqueur, house pecan bitters, crush pecan garnish
- Cilantro Es Muy Famosa – Del Maguey "Vida" Mezcal, luxardo maraschino liqueur, Campari cilantro syrup, lime juice, Tajin rim
- Mother Road – "Gold Road," Kolsch style ale, 12 oz.
- Keeling Schaefer – Viognier, Arizona, 2013
Other road trip dates and destinations:
- June 15 – June 29: Pacific Northwest, menu created by Chef Fred Harris
- June 30 – July 13: Kingfisher will be closed
- July 14 – July 26: Great plains, menu created by Chef Jeff Azersky
- July 27 – August 9: California and Hawaii, menu created by Chef Fred Harris
- August 10 – August 23: Back East, menu created by Chef Jeff Azersky
- August 24 – September 4: Down South, menu created by Chef Jim Murphy
Full menus will be available on the Kingfisher Facebook Page one week prior to each event.
For more information, visit kingfishertucson.com.