The month of June is an exciting one for Blue Willow. This week, the restaurant will celebrate their 38th anniversary.
Blue Willow is located in a 1940 Adobe house, which was previously a rental building for the University of Arizona. Prior to becoming Blue Willow, the house was occupied by a mechanics garage, a preschool, and an antique shop.
But in 1978, owner Janet Seidler opened the restaurant and bakery, followed by adding an adjacent gift shop to the space.
“I think it’s awesome to hit 38 years,” said co-owner Rebecca Ramey, daughter of Seidler. “It feels like forever.”
“We really appreciate all of the community and support we’ve had over the years,” she said.
But her favorite part about Blue Willow and its history are the customers.
“I love seeing all of our customers over the years,” she said. “Them coming in with their children, and then seeing the different generations — that’s very meaningful to me.”
To celebrate 38 years, Blue Willow expanded their liquor license and will offer margaritas, Bloody Mary’s, mixed drinks, and their first-ever happy hour menu.
Prior to the anniversary, Blue Willow only served beer and wine. The new cocktail menu includes:
- Traditional or prickly pear margaritas — Made with corazon 100% agave tequila
- Classic Bloody Mary’s — Made with Skyy Vodka
- Arizona Sunset — Skyy Vodka, pineapple juice, orange juice, and grenadine
- Wildcat Cooler — Watermelon lime-aid an Skyy Vodka
- Premium Cocktails — Skyy Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Bacardi Rum, Tito’s Vodka, Maker’s Mark, and Dewer’s Scotch
- Mixers — Club Soda, Tonic water, ginger ale, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and pineapple, orange, pomegranate, cranberry, and grapefruit juice
As for happy hour, Blue Willow was planning to launch the new menu regardless of the anniversary.
“But this was a good time to kick it off, with our anniversary,” Ramey said.
The happy hour menu will be available daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., beginning on the day of their official anniversary, Wednesday, June 15.
Blue Willow Happy Hour Menu
- Classic Bloody Mary
- Mixed drinks
- Wine by the glass
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders — With cole slaw on brioche, $6
- Housemade Hummus & Pita — With kalamata olives and feta cheese, $5
- Blue Willow Deviled Eggs — With bacon caper relish and red onion puree, $5
- Bruschetta — With goat cheese and tomato chutney, $5
- Stuffed Avocado — With black bean quinoa salad and jalapeño Aoli and chips, $6
Although the focus is currently on the happy hour menu, Blue Willow will also offer a few different lunch specials in the future.
And if you’re wondering about any new Blue Willow locations opening in the future, Ramey said, “We’re a small, family-owned business with 55 employees. I think we’re happy with just one location.”
“A lot of what Blue Willow is, is the history,” she said. “The Adobe building is historic, the patio is hard to beat. We’re comfortable where we are.”
For more information, visit bluewillowtucson.com.