With shorter days and colder nights, the idea of a hot, home cooked dinner is more and more appealing. Stock up on all of the necessary produce and additional ingredients this week to make more meals at home, then snuggle up with your favorite blanket and holiday movie playing in the background.
Community Food Bank Farmers Markets
Mr. Nature's Music Garden will be joining the Santa Cruz River Farmers Market this week! Bring all of the little ones in your life to enjoy storytelling, song and dance. There will even be instrument petting zoo to enjoy and an opportunity to burn off some of that extra energy.
Santa Cruz River Farmers Market
100 S. Avenida del Convento, 3 - 6 p.m. Thursday
- Frisky Fresh Fish Tucson will be selling sustainably caught Alaskan seafood. Stop by for king salmon, pacific cod, rock-fish and king crab!
- High Energy Agriculture brings a beautiful assortment of probiotic fermented vegetables every week to the market. These are the perfect addition to any diet to keep you healthy through these next few months.
El Pueblo Mobile Market
El Rio Parking lot, Irvington Road and 6th Avenue, 3 - 5 p.m. Monday
Community Food Bank Farm Stand
3003 S. Country Club Rd., 8 a.m. - noon Tuesday
- Abundant Harvest Cooperative has collected acorn squash, green chiles, cherry tomatoes, tangerines, grapefruits and apples for the market to enjoy this week.
For more information visit communityfoodbank.org.
FoodInRoot is encouraging everyone to shop locally this holiday season. This is a great idea for several reasons, but they have outlined a few to highlight. Coming to the market and buying locally strengthens the economic base of our community, encourages innovation and creates more jobs. It also reduces negative environmental impact and provides one on one service directly from the producers. The most important reason? It is fun!
Maynard's Twilight Market
400 N. Toole Avenue, 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday
- Tilted Halos Vegan/Gluten-Free Home Baked Goods has the answer to all of your pie needs. Now until the end of December, they are selling their delicious pumpkin pies at a reduce rate. Call (520) 309-8828 for more details or stop by the booth!
- Betel Salsa and Granola makes all of the snacks and sauces you need to add an extra spice and healthy flavor to your life.
St. Philip's Plaza Farmers Market
4280 N. Campbell Rd., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday
- A Slice of Heaven makes a tempting line up of cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, pies and breads for you to eat right there or take home and enjoy all week.
- Desert Oasis Soap Company has special holiday themed scents to share! Look out for Frankincense and Myrrh, Winter Wonderland and Christmas Candy.
For more information visit foodinroot.com
Heirloom Farmers Markets
This week, Oro Valley Farmers Market celebrates second Saturdays! Plan on spending some extra time at the market to enjoy all of the extra activities going on. There will be live music, kid's activities and vintage shopping.
4502 N. 1st Ave., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday
- Double Check Ranch is offering bone-in beef rib roasts and ham leg roasts at 10% off for both. Only a limited number are available, so stop by the vendor booth or call at (520) 357-6515 for pricing and details.
10901 N. Oracle Rd., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Saturday
- Miracle Honeybee Company sells 100% pure beeswax and beeswax honey. Also pick up some mesquite comb honey while you are there.
Trail Dust Town
6541 E. Tanque Verde Rd., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Friday
- Dragon Pizza Company makes ready to order wood fired pizza from a beautifully handcrafted dragon oven. All pizzas are made with locally sourced ingredients and gluten-free options are also available.
For more information visit heirloomfm.org.