With all of the holiday festivities this weekend, the market schedule is a little different. We have highlighted a few of the markets that will be up and running this weekend. Your favorite markets are the perfect place to get a jump start on a healthy new year.
Community Food Bank Farmers Markets
There will not be any Community Food Bank markets this week. Check back next week for what to look forward to in 2017.
Santa Cruz River Farmers Market – CLOSED THIS WEEK FOR THE HOLIDAY
100 S. Avenida del Convento, 3 – 6 p.m. Thursday
Community Food Bank Farm Stand – CLOSED THIS WEEK FOR THE HOLIDAY
3003 S. Country Club Rd., 8 a.m. – noon Tuesday
For more information visit communityfoodbank.org.
Celebrate the New Year with a visit to the St. Philip’s market on Sunday. Start the year off with an invigorating yoga class led by Live Love Yoga at 9:00 a.m. and spend the rest of the morning eating, shopping and enjoying all that the market has to offer.
St. Philip’s Plaza Twilight Market
4280 N. Campbell Road, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Wednesday
- EllaViola Flowershop makes gorgeous flower arrangements that will fill your home with bright colors. Stop by this vendor to pick up a bouquet for yourself or as a gift for a loved one.
- Cindy Gardens has fresh, healthy chemical-free fruits and vegetables ready for you to enjoy. Construct an appetizer vegetable tray from all locally grown produce to bring with you to your next holiday party.
St. Philip’s Plaza Farmers Market
4280 N. Campbell Rd., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sunday
- San Rafael Valley Grass-Fed Beef provides a premier product by setting high standards of care for its animals. Look for 100% grass-fed steaks, sausage, roasts, burgers and more.
- Purple Sky Incense makes fresh, handmade incense in scents like Blackberry Vanilla, Brown Sugar and Fig, and Sage and Citrus. Lift your spirits and enjoy a new scent to welcome in 2017.
For more information visit foodinroot.com
Heirloom Farmers Markets
Heirloom’s markets all resume normal schedule this week. Plan to visit and begin January with fresh, locally grown vegetables, artisan breads, and many more options. Perhaps make it a New Year’s resolution to make the farmers market a part of your weekly grocery shopping.
4502 N. 1st Ave., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sunday
- Vermillion Wormery assists in returning organic ‘waste’ to the soil food web using worms. This process is called Vermicomposting. Stop by to learn all about the process and also to purchase worm compost.
10901 N. Oracle Rd., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday
- Tortilla Arevalo specializes in tortillas and other mesquite, corn and flour products. Visit this vendor for baked goods, pancake mixes, mesquite flour and tamales.
Trail Dust Town
6541 E. Tanque Verde Rd., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Friday
- Lynx Coffee Roasters (formally known as Mo Coffee Roastery) provides high quality, single origin coffee that makes for the perfect brew to sip on New Years morning.
For more information visit heirloomfm.org.