Trumpets & Tastes
6 p.m. Friday, June 9
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
Live music with dining is always appreciated, but PY Steakhouse executive chef Ryan Clark is taking it to the next level with Trumpets & Tastes on Friday, June 9.
The dinner will feature a cocktail course, bread service course, and three wine-paired courses — all of which are paired with a different performance by trumpeter Jason Carder and jazz pianist Jeff Haskell.
Carder grew up in Arizona and toured with musicians such as Ray Charles and KC and the Sunshine Band.
Haskell is a retired music professor and coordinator of jazz studies at the University of Arizona. He has worked with various musicians such as Linda Ronstadt, Buck Owens, and Chet Baker.
Tickets are $85 per person. To make a reservation, call 855-765-7829.
Trumpets & Tastes Menu
- Old Fassionola Cocktail – Buffalo Trace Single Barrel Bourbon, house-made Fassionola syrup, Peychaud’s + Angostura bitters, orange peel
- Trumpet pairing: “Bourbon Street Parade” by Paul Barbarin, 1955
- Sunflower Bread Service – sunflower seed oil + champagne vinegar
- Trumpet pairing: “Little Sunflower” by Freddie Hubard, 1967
- Vichyssoise of Potato and Sunchoke – basil oil, sourdough butter croutons, summer chives
- Wine pairing: Black Stallion, Chardonnay, Napa Valley, 2014
- Trumpet pairing: “Potato Head Blues” by Louis Armstrong and His Hot Seven, 1927
- Grilled Grass-Fed Rib Eye – whipped cauliflower, grilled broccolini, Cabernet demi-glace
- Wine pairing: Jordan, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, 2013
- Trumpet pairing: “Grazin’ in the Grass” by Hugh Masekela, 1968
- Chocolate Cherry Bomb – Granny Smith apple, sponge cake, mousse
- Wine pairing: Mumm Napa, “Santana Savor”, Napa Valley
- Trumpet pairing: “Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White” by Eddie Calvert, 1954
The Casino Del Sol Resort is located at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.