What does psychedelia, 60s-70s disco music, shag carpet, a merry-g0-round horse, killer food and drinks, and a giant Jenga have in common? They’re all reasons to check out Tucson’s latest downtown addition, The Funky Monk, located at the east end near The Rialto.
Taking the space that formerly housed World of Beer and Wasted Grain, the restaurant-cum-bar-cum-nightclub opened in April.
With a killer happy hour featuring $5 munchies, like chorizo filled Stuffed Mushrooms and soft Pretzel Sticks, as well as $7 munchies including pizza, meatballs, and nachos, you can bet Funky Monk isn’t sitting around idle during Tucson’s scorching summer months.
To sweeten the deal even more for late afternoon cravings (or a super-late lunch), you can now grab a quick personal pizza with a pint of suds for just $10.
The Pizza & Pint deal is available all day, every Wednesday. All pizza varieties are available, including the Mexico-inspired Disco-tec-a featuring roasted corn, cotija, and lime. Check out the full menu of available varieties:
Funky Monk Pizza Menu
- Margherita – Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Roasted Garlic, Balsamic Drizzle, Olive Oil
- Can You Dig it – Potato, Kale, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, Mozzarella, Truffle Oil, Fresh Herbs, Pickled Onion
- Disco-tec-a – Roasted Corn, Chorizo, Mozzarella, Cotija, Garlic Butter, Chipotle Aioli, Cilantro, Fresh Lime, Tajin
- Nacho Libre – Red Sauce, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Shredded Beef, Salsa Roja, Lettuce, Tomato, Crema, Cilantro, Doritos
- Flower Power – Kale, Spinach, Micro Greens, Artichoke, Pesto Sauce, Goat Cheese, Sunflower Seeds
- The Hot Chick – Red Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Shredded Chicken, Gorgonzola, Shredded Carrot, Celery, Parmesan Ranch
We’ll, like, see you there, man.
The Funky Monk is located at 350 E. Congress St. in downtown Tucson. Hours are 3 p.m. – 2 a.m., Tuesday through Friday and noon – 2 a.m., Saturday and Sunday. For more information, please visit funkymonktucson.com.
This is a paid feature. Learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising opportunities.