Butchers, Bakers, Booker’s and Makers
7:30 p.m. Friday, July 28
188 E. Broadway Blvd.
Good people, good food, and good drinks.
Charro Steak is hosting a “Butchers, Bakers, Booker’s and Makers” workshop and small batch dinner at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, July 28.
Take part in an interactive workshop with artisan butcher Ben Forbes as he hand-crafts sausages and local meats, all while experiencing a dinner collaboration with pastry chef Gina Skelton.
Charro Steak is downtown’s industrial-chic steakhouse that serves up mesquite-grilled fare with a Mexican twist.
Seats are $65 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Corn Mash and Avocado Salsa – local tomato, pepita, cotija cheese, and lime
- Cured Pork and Melon – agave, sea salt, and pickled jalapeño
- “La Bomba” Sonoran Style Bangers and Mash – rojo y verde local chorizo by Ben Forbes, sweet corn whipped masa, charro beans, and barbecue sauce
- Paired with Mesquite Smoked Maker’s Mark Old Fashioned
- Tenderloin Crudo – 10-day cured Meyer all natural beef tenderloin, aji amarillo and garlic, pickled red onion, huitlacoche, cilantro, tomatillo, lemon caviar
- Paired with Maker’s 46 and Meyer Lemon Rattlesnake
- Tres Charros – mesquite fired natural New York strip, camote, esquites con crema, seared top sirloin, smoked tri-tip, pork belly hash
- Paired with Mesquite Grilled Peach Tea with Baker’s Small Batch
- Cast Iron Flourless Mexican Chocolate Cake – Mexican chocolate, goat’s milk cajeta, chocolate pepita crunch, Booker’s ice cream
- Paired with Booker’s Kentucky Mudslide
Charro Steak is located at 188 E. Broadway Blvd. To make a reservation, call (520) 485-1922. For more information, visit charrosteak.com.