With prickly pear harvest season approaching, USA Today highlighted the lovely magenta cactus fruit in their article Taste prickly pear season in Arizona.
While the article features dishes, desserts, and drinks from throughout Arizona, six Tucson businesses made the list along with a quote from Cheri Romanoski of Cheri’s Desert Harvest.
Featured Prickly Pear Items:
- Prickly Burger, Prickly Pear Calamari, Spicy Señorita Margarita – Fini’s Landing
- Sonora Silver, Sonora Copper and Sonora Gold – Three Wells Distilling Company
- Prickly Pear Wheat Ale – Borderlands Brewing Co.
- Prickly Pear Margarita, Prickly Pear Mimosa – Baja Cafe
- Prickly Pear Margarita, hands-on prickly pear harvest activities including cooking demos and special menus in August – Tanque Verde Ranch
- Prickly Pear Glazed Albondigas – Charro Steak
For more information, read the Taste prickly pear season in Arizona article via USA Today.