The Primavera Cooks! Summer Dining series continues at PY Steakhouse at Casino Del Sol Resort with a Journey Through Cities of Gastronomic Recognition. at 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 27.
For PY’s Primavera wine dinner, courses will reflect the cuisine of Tucson, Arizona; Gaziantep, Turkey; Burgos, Spain; and Ensenada, Mexico.
The nonprofit fundraising series is filled with a lively group of socially-conscious diners who want to support the programs and services of the Primavera Foundation, which provides pathways out of poverty through safe, affordable housing, workforce development and neighborhood revitalization.
Seats are $125, a portion of which are tax deductive. For reservations, call David Elliot at (520) 308-3104.
Primavera Cooks! Summer Dining Schedule
- September 6: Agustin Kitchen
- September 13: Pastiche
- September 17: Kingfisher
Primavera Cooks! Summer Dining PY Steakhouse Menu
Tapas – Burgos, Spain
- Patatas Bravas
- Gambas al Ajillo
- Pan Con Tomate
- Jamon Con Melon
- Paired with 2015 Astrolabe, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Starter – Ensenada, Mexico
- Chilled Smoked Tomato Soup – shrimp, crostini, roasted corn + huitlecoche, roasted poblano rajas
- Paired with 2014 Francis Coppola “Directors Cut”, Merlot, Sonoma County
Entrée – Tucson, AZ
- Braised Arizona Beef Short Rib – Whiskey Del Bac mushrooms, Hayden Mills polenta, Arizona veggies, crispy parsnips
- Paired with 2015 Ste. Michelle Vineyards “50th Anniversary”, Cabernet, Columbia Valley
Dessert – Gaziantep, Turkey
- Turkish Fig Cake – candied pistachios, honey-buttermilk ice cream
- Paired with 2012 Baileyana, Port, Paso Robles
- Smoked Eggplant & Feta Eclairs
- Mango-Habanero Scallop Ceviche
- Goat Cheese Crostini, Prickly Pear Pâte de Fruit
- Spanish Wellington, Chorizo, Spanish Manchego, Wild Mushroom Duxelle
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make reservations, call David Elliot at (520) 308-3104. For more information, visit primavera.org.