To say that Blue Willow is a Tucson institution would be an understatement.
After 40 years in business, the iconic restaurant best known for its breakfast and gift shop entry way is celebrating with a number of summer specials. The theme: American foods. Think watermelon, ribs, fresh fish, and peach cobbler.
For starters, Blue Willow isn’t just breakfast. They’ve offered dinner for years. To reinforce that point, they’re celebrating their anniversary by offering a $20 three course dinner, which includes a starter, entree, and dessert. For a more in depth look at Blue Willow’s dinner, check out this Tucson Foodie feature.
Keeping with the summer theme, they’ve created some tasty traditional items. The half rack of St. Louis Style Ribs, which are traditionally served with coleslaw, get an addition of Gruyere au gratin potatoes. And key lime pie gets layered into a parfait for dessert, which is cleaner, cuter, and easier to eat with a spoon.
The complete list of summer appetizer additions is as follows:
- Watermelon Salad with Cotija Cheese, Pepitas, and Citrus Dressing
- Chilled Shrimp with remoulade and traditional cocktail sauce
- Wedge Salad with bacon, egg, tomato, chives, and blue cheese
Entree options are as follows:
- Pan Roasted Wild Alaskan Cod with Roasted Potatoes and Fresh Vegetables
- St Louis Style BBQ Pork Ribs with Gruyere Au Gratin Potatoes and Fresh Vegetables
- Arizona Sunset Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa, Black Bean Puree, Red Chile Vinaigrette, Mashed Sweet Potatoes an Fresh Vegetables
- Summer Vegetable Penne Pasta with Artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomato, roasted eggplant, fontina and parmesan cheese
For dessert, Blue Willow has added four items, which include Key Lime Pie Parfait, Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Mousse, and Chocolate “Birthday” Cake. And bonus, if you’re simply just craving chocolate cake without dinner, Blue Willow is offering a slice of theirs for just $2.00. So, you can have your cake and eat it too. For $2.
Blue Willow is located at 2616 N. Campbell Ave. For more information, visit bluewillowtucson.com.
This is a paid feature. Learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising opportunities.