Facade and patio at Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta will quietly open its doors Tuesday, November 13 at 4340 N. Campbell Ave. Ste. 104. in St. Philip’s Plaza.
Union Public House and Reforma Modern Mexican Mezcal + Tequila owner Grant Krueger initially announced the restaurant as Pizzeria Corsa in April 2018, but the name has since changed.
The 2,700-square foot space was previously home to Sazerac Creole Kitchen & Cocktails, which closed in December 2017.
Leading the culinary team is executive chef Anthony Coluci, who previously worked at Union Public House, Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, Hotel Congress, and Maynards Market & Kitchen.
Proof’s menu features artisanal pizza, bruschetta, pastas, sandwiches, salads, and more. Every dough, sauce, soup, and mozzarella is made in house.
Margherita Pizza at Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta (Credit: Jackie Tran)
“This is a big core value we have at our restaurants, making everything we can within reason from scratch in house,” Krueger said in a previous interview. “Having the farmers market in the plaza makes sourcing locally very easy for us.”
The patio is one of the restaurant’s stand-out features. During the cold weather, the patio is covered and utilizes a generous amount of heaters to keep things toasty. Since Proof, Union, and Reforma share a liquor license and a center courtyard, customers will be able to bring their cocktails to the courtyard to watch live music.
Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta Menu Highlights
Lunch (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Bruschetta (on house-made filone bread; sub gluten-free bread +$2. Choice of four $15 / a la carte $5)
- Artichoke Dip – herbs
- Burrata – pistachio, Union bacon confit
- Salmon – fig jam, brie
- Roasted Eggplant – green onion, mozzarella
- Prosciutto – pesto, local honey
- Salume – mushrooms, blistered grapes
Jason Purdy tossing pizza at Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta (Credit: Jackie Tran)
- Burrata Salad ($12) – rapini leaves, field greens, fig-onion marmalade, herb oils, crispy prosciutto
- Caprese Salad ($10) – espresso tomatoes, mozzarella, basil leaves, balsamic pearls, apple cider vinaigrette
- Panzanella Salad ($9) – croutons, baby kale, slow roasted tomatoes, artichoke, Union pickles, white wine vinaigrette
- Lasagna ($15) – layers of braised beef, pork, and veal, Grana Padano, mozzarella, ricotta, marinara
- Green Machine ($16) – pesto, cream, Roma tomato, baby kale, spiced pepitas, Grana Padano, basil spaghetti
- Muffaletta ($14) – salume, pepperoni, mortadella, provolone, mozzarella, olive spread, focaccia bread
- Ultimo Grilled Cheese ($11) – prosciutto, basil, heirloom tomato, sea salt, mozzarella, Grana Padano, filone bread
- Meatball Sandwich ($11.50) – house-ground beef, pork, and veal meatballs, red sauce, mozzarella, basil, focaccia bread
- Pizzette & Salad ($10) – any 1/2 pizza and a half Simple or Caesar salad
- The Union Pizza ($15) – garlic crema, bacon, spinach, red onion, bacon vinaigrette, sunny up egg
- The Reforma Pizza ($16.50) – carnitas, mortadella ham, jalapeños, provolone, pickles, cilantro, dijonnaise
- Eggplant Pizza ($14) – red sauce, roasted red peppers, spinach, pesto, Grana Padano, goat cheese
- Potato Pizza ($13) – garlic crema, Yukon gold potatoes, rosemary, green onions
- Mushroom Pizza ($14.50) – garlic crema, roasted mushrooms, goat cheese, Grana Padano, scallions, truffle oil
- Pineapple Pizza ($15) – garlic oil, crispy prosciutto, roasted pineapple, pickled jalapeños, mozzarella, ricotta, basil
- Pepperoni Pizza ($14) – red sauce, mozzarella, thyme, Grana Padano, black pepper
- Margherita Pizza ($12) – red sauce, mozzarella, basil, heirloom tomatoes, basil oil
Dinner (3 p.m. – close)
- Fried Asparagus ($8) – lightly battered, lemon aioli, Grana Padano, herbs
- Mussels ($13.50) – Italian sausage, roasted Roma tomatoes, spinach, white wine, Sambuca, butter, focaccia bread
- Carbonara ($19) – peas, cream, Union bacon, asparagus, bread crumbs, poached egg, tagliatelle
- Bolognese ($17) – hand-chopped beef, pork, and veal, slow roasted tomatoes, red wine, fettuccine, Grana Padano, basil
- Pork Osso Bucco ($24) – Beeler’s pork shank, herb polenta, local seasonal vegetables, pepita-mint salsa, jus
- Eggplant Parmesan ($18) – breaded and topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella and Grana Padano, spaghetti
- Delmonico ($29) – pan roasted rib eye, herb crusted Yukon gold potatoes, sautéed rapini, Calabrian chili butter
- Chocolate Flourless Torte ($9) – whipped cream, pistachio brittle
- Butterscotch Budino ($8.50) – salted caramel, whipped cream
Fettuccine Bolognese at Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta (Credit: Jackie Tran)
- Limoncello Drop ($11) – vodka, limoncello, Grand Marnier, lemon juice, lemon twist
- The Italian Spritz ($11) – Aperol, gin, lemon juice, Prosecco, club soda, orange twist
- Enzoni ($8) – muddled grapes, Campari, gin, lemon juice, simple syrup
- Negroni Sbagliato ($12) – Campari, Carpano Antica vermouth, Prosecco, orange twist
Operating hours are 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Friday – Saturday. Happy hour will be 3 – 6 p.m. daily.
Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta is located at 4340 N. Campbell Ave. Ste. 104. Keep up with Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta on Facebook. For more information, call (520) 789-7447 or visit prooftucson.com.