Napa Valley wine meets Mexican-inspired cuisine.
Downtown Tucson’s Elvira’s is hosting an “Our Roots” four-course wine pairing dinner with Frias Family Vineyards 7 – 10 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8.
Chef Alejandro Nevades and his southern Mexican-inspired dishes have got a special date with some of Napa Valley’s finest wine, all while representing the flavors and ingredients of Hispanic heritage, culture, and unity.
It’s not only a chance to experience an expertly paired dinner that tastes like the roots of two cultures, but to also meet the modern winemaker that’s traveling from California, Manny Frias.
Seats are $70 per person.
The seating is going to be limited due to demand and space inside the restaurant, so be sure to purchase your tickets before the 4 p.m. deadline on Monday, January 7.
“Our Roots” Wine Pairing Dinner
- Ensalada del Mar – squid, guaymas shrimp, heart of palm, white wine and citrus vinaigrette, and “cuenco de pina”
- Paired with a 2017 Sauvignon Blanc
- Taco de Salmon – wild caught salmon, green kale, dill dressing, green Sriracha sauce, and blue corn tortilla
- Paired with a 2017 Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Braised Ossobuco – braised veal ossobuco, chile poblano, and red wine reduction
- Paired with a 2016 “Lady of the Dead” Red Blend
- Mexican Wellington – beef Wellington of filet mignon, grilled chayote, yellow corn, huitlacoche duxelles, and Cabernet reduction
- Paired with a 2015 “SMD” Cabernet Sauvignon
Elvira’s is located downtown at 256 E. Congress St. For more information, call (520) 499-2302 and visit Elvira’s on Facebook to purchase your tickets.