Donut Bar will offer about 30 different doughnuts daily.
San Diego-based doughnut shop Donut Bar announced plans to open a location in downtown Tucson at 33 N. Sixth Ave.
“We’re in the process of getting the final permits from the city,” said Brad Mueller, general manager of the Tucson location of Donut Bar. “As long as construction starts in the next couple weeks, we’re still hoping for an August open date.”
Brad’s brother Nick Mueller is the franchisee, owner, and operations manager of the Tucson location.
“Me and my brother have always wanted to own our own business,” Brad said. “We were one of the lucky 11 chosen for franchises.”
The 2,232-square-foot building will offer about 30 different doughnuts daily; 15 flavors will stay the same, while the other 15 will rotate. The full catalog features about 90 different flavors.
Most of the doughnuts will be Donut Shop’s signature large yeast doughnuts made on site. Cake doughnuts and cinnamon rolls will also be available.
Beer, wine, and mimosas will also be available.
Donut Bar Menu Highlights
- Caramel Latte – yeast doughnut, caramel latte glaze, dulce de leche drizzle, buttercream dollop
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – yeast doughnut, Mexican hot chocolate glaze, toasted marshmallow, cinnamon
- Butter Beer – yeast doughnut, butterscotch glaze, dulce de leche drizzle, Harry Potter glasses
- Monte Cristo – doughnut stuffed with Black Forest ham, Emmental cheese, American cheese, house-made raspberry cranberry compote
- Big Poppa Tart Donut – yeast doughnut stuffed with a Pop Tart, other fillings; then topped with cake batter glaze, crumbled Pop Tarts, sprinkles, fun drizzle
Operating hours will be 7 a.m. until doughnuts sell out Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until doughnuts sell out Saturday and Sunday. Night hours (with beer and wine available) are 5 – 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday.
Donut Bar opened its first location in downtown San Diego in March 2013. The company has since expanded with additional locations in San Diego, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, and Temecula.
“We are thrilled for the opportunity,” Braid said. “Can’t wait for everyone to try our tasty treats.”