Tucson Botanical Gardens is the perfect setting for this farm-style feast.
Throughout the season, Café Botánica at the Tucson Botanical Gardens is hosting the “Farm to Fork Summer Feast Series” beginning Thursday, June 20 from 6 – 8 p.m.
To accommodate the the soothing sound of birds chirping in the garden, the restaurant will feature a feast that’s farmed and cultivated in the Sonoran Desert.
What you can expect is a family-style dinner at a shared farm table — which is perfect for hanging out with friends or begin new conversations with strangers. In addition to the cuisine, you’ll be able to tour the gardens, soak in the music, and possibly get out of your seat and dance.
Tickets are $75 per person and must be purchased beforehand, mainly because of the limited seating. You can save your spot by calling (520) 445-5394.
“Farm to Fork” Summer Feast Series Menu
- Herb-Crusted Ciabatta Toasts – with fresh Thai basil pesto, pickled golden and red beets, and honey-drizzled goat cheese
- Tender Salad Greens – with wheat berries, grilled green beans, caramelized onions, atomic grape tomatoes, and a citrus vinaigrette
- Pistachio Crusted Tilapia on a Bed of Red Choy Slaw – with shredded chicken and butterball potato empanadas, tomato-grape chutney, grilled summer corn with honey butter, hard roasted garlic eggplant, and cornbread in the husk
- Orange-Rosemary Olive Oil Cake – with candied citrus glaze, fresh red flame grapes, and Anna apples
If you can’t make it to the first installment, be sure to check out the following dates:
- Thursday, July 18 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, August 15 from 6- 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19 from 6 – 8 p.m.
Tucson Botanical Gardens is located at 2150 N. Alvernon Way. For more information, visit tucsonbotanical.org.