Chef Ryan Clark partners with local farmers for this year's dining events.
Nestled inside Casino Del Sol, PY Steakhouse is kicking off their annual “Dinner with Chefs” dinner series 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 28.
With each year’s passing, the monthly event continues to change, get tastier, and grow into a much bigger culinary experience with its vast group of collaborators.
To put 2020 in perspective, PY Steakhouse and executive chef Ryan Clark are inviting local farmers from Southern Arizona into the kitchen to craft multi-course dinners with paired beverages.
First up, is Erik Stanford from Pivot Produce and will involve using hand-picked, mindfully-sourced, Arizona-grown ingredients.
“We’ll explore my culinary story and the cuisines of wintery rural Wisconsin, Katrina-ravaged New Orleans and the arid agriculture of the desert Southwest all while using ingredients grown or foraged right here in the Sonoran Desert.” said Erik Stanford.
Seats range from $75 – $125 per person and you can make reservations by calling (520) 324-9350.
“Dinner with Chefs” January Menu
- Welcome Wine – NV Nino Franco Prosecco Rustico, Italy
- Roasted and Lacto Fermented Cauliflower – Whipped Arizona goat cheese, roasted grapes, marcona almonds, and baby greens
- Paired with 2017 Truchard Roussanne, Carneros, California
- Sauerkraut Braised Prime Short Rib – Wisconsin cheddar whipped potatoes, braised winter greens, radish slaw, and jus
- Paired with 2016 Sokol Blosser Dundee Hills, Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Oregon
- NOLA Beignets – Champurrado and hand-picked chiltepin
- Paired with a 2017 Round Pond Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc Rutherford, California
If you can’t make it out to the first dinner of the year, there’s going to be several other opportunities. The menus, dates, and times will be posted at least a month in advance of the event.
Dinner with Chefs 2019 Lineup
- February – Anne Loftfield, High Energy Agriculture
- March – Cathy Lolwing, Felicia’s Farm
- April – Iris Montaño-Madrigal, Covilli Brand Organics
- May – Michael Chrisemer, Future Sprouts
- June – Bill Shriver, Merchant’s Garden
- July – Elizabeth Sparks and Becky Yim, Tucson Village Farm
- August – Gabriel Vega, San Xavier Co-op Farm
- September – Velvet Button, Ramona Farms
- October – Clay Smith, Sleeping Frog Farms
- November – Jill Madden, Aravaipa Farms Orchard and Inn
- December – Barbara Eiswerth, Iskashitaa Refugee Harvesting Network
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.