Finding a place to watch NFL and Pac-12 games in a college town like Tucson isn’t hard. Finding great food to eat while you watch? Not as easy.
So where do foodies watch football in Tucson? Here’s a small, not-all-inclusive roundup of local spots offering prime seats for the big game(s), plus an upgrade on your typical pub food and drink selection.
Union Public House
Watch Arizona games on their projection screen and enjoy special prices during social hour from 4pm to 7pm every day.
- Pub Chips – Blue cheese, pork belly, Mornay, shaved scallions.
- The Union Burger – Union house grind, Red Dragon English cheddar, pickled onion, arugula, bacon jam, house made bun.
- Lamb Shank – Niman Ranch raised, market carrot polenta, mint chimichurri, fennel salad, pan jus lei.
Elliott’s on Congress
On NFL Sunday you can get the St. Louis rib special, slow roasted and glazed with BBQ sauce. Happy hour is every day 4-7 pm, so be sure to try their house-infused vodkas and specialty drinks.
- Duck Club – Triple-decker sandwich layered with orange-chili marinated duck, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and mandarin orange mayo on wheat berry bread.
- Jalapeño Boats – Six open faced jalapeños loaded with a mix of cream cheese, cheddar, shrimp and bacon. Served with sweet agave drizzle.
- Chocolate Covered Bacon – 2 crispy strips of bacon coated with milk chocolate and a white chocolate drizzle. Served with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Barrio Brewing Co.
Plenty of TVs and an extensive local beer and fresh microbrew selection. Keep in mind you’ll get $1 pints every time the train goes by!
- Beer Sponges – Two great big soft pretzels, hot from the oven. Served with nuclear beer mustard.
- Lizzy Salad – Crisp Romaine tossed with grilled chicken, smoked bacon, chunky Gorgonzola, red onion, and sweet bell peppers tossed in the best fresh basil and honey vinaigrette.
- Pub Fried Fish Tacos – Lightly battered cod, flash-fried and tucked into fresh flour tortillas with cabbage and fresh pico de gallo topped with habanero cream sauce. Served with Charro beans.
If you’re looking for a touch of east coast in Tucson, you’ve found it. Run by a retired Navy Seal and DC sports fan, Trident offers a selection of beers, burgers, and seafood apps.
- Peel ‘n Eat Shrimp – Steamed with celery, served with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce.
- Wildcat Burger – Cheddar, bacon, onion rings and Chef from Hell BBQ sauce.
- Grandma Miller’s Clam Chowder
Known for their ever-changing selection of 46 imported beers and domestic micro-brews (not to mention what they’ve got bottled), 1702 also boasts a selection of starters and craft pizzas.
- Raspberry Chipotle Wings
- Hop Bread (if you like IPAs!) – Fresh leaf hops dispersed over Cheezie bread, served with a side of marinara.
- Roman Pizza – Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Green Bell Peppers, Onion, Tomato, Mushroom.
In case you missed it, Nox has introduced new game day specials including a $15 burger and beer combo and $5 frozen margaritas and rumchatas. Not to mention all day happy hour on Sundays!
- Short Rib Tacos – Queso fresco, pickled onion, spicy aioli (gf.)
- Nox Burger – A blend of chuck, brisket and sirloin, tillamook cheddar, caramelized onions, chipotle aioli and applewood smoked bacon on a pretzel bun.
- Roasted Street Corn – Off cob, queso fresco, chipotle aioli, lime, tortilla chips.
Football specials on Mondays and Thursdays include $10 meatball sliders with a pint of draft beer. Mondays also means 1/2 off full bottles of wine.
Joe’s Special – The signature dish, homemade linguine topped with special cheese, hot pepper seeds, garlic, and famous sauce.
Nachos “Michael P Style” – Fried pasta topped with bruschetta (tomatoes, bell peppers, olive oil, salt & pepper), pepperoncini, red onion, black olives, mozzarella and a drizzle of pesto. Get it during Happy Hour Thursday and Friday from 3-6 pm.
Any Homemade Pasta
Playground Bar & Lounge
During NFL games enjoy $2 Budweiser, $4 Barrio Rojos, $2 Coors or Miller Lite during U of A games and a special Game-Time Menu.
- Firecracker Poppers: Crispy chorizo & cream cheese-stuffed jalapeños, topped with habanero aioli (Game-Time menu.)
- Veggie Nachos – Green & Yellow Squash, Tomato, Red Onion, Corn, Chipotle Spiced Adobo Beans, Nacho Cheese & Queso Fresco. Add Grilled Chicken + 4 • steak + 6
- Beef and Blue Salad – Flank Steak, Roasted Mushrooms, Bibb Lettuce, Cherry Tomato, Shaved Onion, Blue Cheese, Red Wine Vinaigrette.
Sir Veza’s Taco Garage
A game-time favorite for many, Sir Veza’s offers drink and “Garage Hour” specials during Wildcat games. For Monday Night football you’ll also get $3 Bud Light drafts.
- The Sirnoran Dog – 100% angus beef, 1/2 lb. Sonoran hot dog. Served with charro beans, tomato, onion, mayo and tomatillo salsa and choice of french fries.
- Tacos Galore – We suggest the Grilled Fish or Diablo Shrimp.
- Green Eggs N’ Hamburger – Swiss, tomatillo salsa, fried egg, roasted poblano, pork carnitas, grilled onion and mayo.
For a list of Sir Veza’s Tucson locations, visit their website.
Have something to add? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.