Here’s what’s shaking this week at the Carriage House:
Demo Cooking Class & Pop-Up Dinner – Shunde, China
6 – 9 p.m. Friday, August 18 • $80 per person plus tax and gratuity
Chef Janos Wilder will teach about Shunde, China for another Around the Globe Culinary Tour 2017 event. Located along the Pearl River Delta, Shunde is one of the pillars of Cantonese cuisine. Guests will enjoy a five-course dinner and beverages.
Shunde Menu Choices
- Sesame Noodle Salad With Flash-Fried Green Beans – carrots, spicy peanuts, scallions + snow peas in spicy sesame vinaigrette
- Shunde Hamachi Crudo – thinly sliced hamachi with seasoned ginger, jalapeño, seaweed, sesame, crispy garlic+ cellophane noodle salad
- Crisp-Fried Soft Shell Crab – ginger-scallion sauce, smashed cucumber with rice wine vinaigrette + toasted sesame seeds
- Char Siu Spare Ribs + Daikon Cake – stir-fried gai lan with oyster sauce
- Green Tea Smoked Duck Breast + Vegetable Fried Rice – baby bok choy + cinnamon spiced plums
- Shunde Braised Fish Balls In Shiitake-Ginger Broth – lo mein noodles, scallions, carrots, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts
- Peach-Ginger Panna Cotta – hibiscus syrup + honey crisp
- Sesame Ice Cream with Orange Caramel – sesame cookies
To purchase tickets, visit the Shunde Demo Cooking Class & Pop-Up Dinner event page.
Don’t forget: Sign up for any 5 classes and the 6th is “on the house!”
For more information, carriagehousetucson.com.