Take a trip through time on one of the tours and discover Marana.
From the Santa Cruz River to the farmers and producers, the culinary scene is thriving in Marana.
You’ve got a chance to check it all out with Discover Marana‘s Gastronomy Tours on Thursday, October 11 and Sunday, October 21.
If you have ever been on a hike and wondered which plants are edible, this is the culinary tour for you. Dr. Suzanne Fish or Allen Denoyer guide you through Marana’s 4,000 years of agricultural history.
There are two separate tours to choose from, too.
Each tour is different but will include the flavors local chefs have come to love, a visit to ancient archaeological sites, and the techniques of brewmasters and artisanal bakers. Some of the participants include Bean Tree Farm, Catalina Brewing Company, and Button Brew House.
The tours start at $99 per person and last between four and six hours. Numbers are limited.
Also, make sure to wear comfortable closed-toe walking shoes because you will spend at least an hour of the tour outside.
Marana Gastronomy Tour
- Meet at Tucson Premium Outlets at 12:30 p.m.
- Tour of Los Morteros Conservation Area at 1 p.m.
- Tasting at Catalina Brewing Company at 2:30 p.m.
- Tour of ancient Hohokam farm site at 3:15 p.m.
- Tasting at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain at 4:30 p.m.
- Tour finishes up at Tucson Premium Outlets 6 p.m.
For more information and to book your spot on the Marana Gastronomy Tour, visit graylinearizona.com.
A Taste of the Wild – Gastronomy Tour
- Meet at Tucson Premium Outlets at 9:30 a.m
- Tour of Los Morteros Conservation Area at 9:45 a.m.
- Foraging and Tasting at 10:45 a.m.
- Tasting at Catalina Brewing Company at 12:45 p.m.
- Tour ends at Tucson Premium Outlets at 1:30 p.m.
For more information and to book your spot on the A Taste of the Wild Gastronomy Tour, visit graylinearizona.com.
These tours are also the first to be approved by the Tucson City of Gastronomy, which was the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the U.S.
Each tour begins at the Tucson Premium Outlets located at 6401 W. Marana Center Blvd. For more information on the tours, dates, and hours, visit discovermarana.org.