The "old days" meet a new wave of local chefs & collaborators.
Time traveling chefs are uniting for a night of history.
The Carriage House is hosting the Gastronomic Union of Tucson’s “Summer Series 2019: Time Warp” at 6 – 9 p.m. on Sunday, July 28.
More than 25 chefs and collaborators teamed up to create the “Time Warp” menu, which gives a fun and appreciative nod to prior generations.
Each course is an interpretation of culinary classics and trends of the time long, long ago.
Tickets are $75 and include a welcome cocktail and wine or chefs’ choice of beverage pairings. Hors d’oeuvre and welcome cocktails will begin at 6 p.m., and the dinner service kicks off at 6:30 p.m.
Summer Series 2019: Time Warp Menu
Hors d’oeuvre (1950’s)
- Salmon mousse, chicharron, cucumber kimchi, salmon roe
- Rumaki – brûlée pork belly, chicken liver mousse, Asian pear
- Coronation chicken deviled egg
- Ceviche aspic, avocado mousse, Tajin shrimp
First Course (1970’s)
- Not Your Grandma’s Cheese Ball – spice whipped cream cheese and english cheddar, tomatillo and summer herb coulis, crispy butter toasted croutons, and asiago crackers
Second Course (1980’s)
- Pablo Prudhombre – Blackened Sea of Cortez Cabrilla, maque choux terrine with Southwestern accent, and lemon butter sauce
Third Course (1960’s)
- Mesquite Beef Cheek Bourguignon – lingerie potatoes, carrot confit, sweet onion puree, and truffle glazed mushrooms
- Sonoran Mille Feuille – mesquite puff pastry, prickly pear pastry cream quince, pomegranate gel, candied orange, and bahidaj sitol meringue
The Carriage House is located at 125. S. Arizona Ave. For more information and to grab your tickets, visit eventbrite.com.