"It’s a great way to welcome the season."
Spring has officially sprung at Contigo Latin Kitchen. Beginning on Sunday, March 6, the restaurant will be offering a brunch menu, which can be enjoyed indoors or outside in the new patio area, too.
Following its debut on Sunday, the brunch menu will be available every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) from 9 – 11 a.m. In the vein of the dinner menu, the brunch bites reflect the same flavors of Spanish fusion cuisine that’s made Contigo a popular dining destination in the Catalina Foothills.
The South American-inspired restaurant has gone through a few updates during the past year, including its new bar and lounge seating and the patio dining area — panoramic views of the city included.
Contigo owner Deb Tenino, who’s also the owner of Locale, believes that her guests will welcome weekend brunch with open arms (and an open appetite, too).
“This is something we’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and now with the addition of 50 seats in our beautiful new patio,” said Tenino. “We are excited to add brunch to our offerings. It’s a great way to welcome the season.”
The bunch menu is packed with loads of flavors, including dishes like Chilaquiles, Huevos Benedictos, and Tortilla Espanol. The new additions fit in nicely with its lunch offerings like the Tostada Salmon, El Cubano, or the Short Rib Taco.
On top of that, Platos de Fruta and yummy pastry selections made fresh from the bakery at Locale, Contigo’s sister restaurant in midtown Tucson, will be on-hand, as well as a diverse selection of brunch cocktails, coffee drinks, and side dishes like house-made chorizo, Patatas Bravas, and more.
Reservations aren’t required but if you’re in the mood for planning ahead, call (520) 299-1540 or reserve your seats online.
Contigo Latin Kitchen Brunch Menu
- Platos de Fruta ($10) – Fresh fruit, local honey
- Pan Dulces ($16) – Pastry Selection from Locale Bakery and Cal’s Bakeshop
- Las Favoritas ($8)
- Guacamole with Queso Fresco ($12)
- Chilaquiles ($12) – Corn Tortillas, Red or Green Salsa, Queso fresco, Crema, Cilantro
- Add Egg for $2 / Chicken $4 / Pork Carnitas $5 / Housemade chorizo $5
- Burrito Desayunense ($14) – Housemade chorizo, scrambled eggs, Manchego cheese, refried black beans, chipotle crema, potatoes in a flour tortilla with grilled tomato salsa
- Huevos Benedictos ($16) – slow-poached eggs, griddled pork carnitas y chipotle hollandaise on masa cakes, potatoes
- Steak and Eggs ($20) – roasted tri-tip, olive oil fried eggs, arugula, pickled onion, salsa verde
- Tortilla Espanol ($14) – Egg and vegetable frittata, Arugula salad
- Plato Americano ($14) – Two eggs prepared any style, house-cured bacon, crispy potatoes, arugula salad
- Torrijas ($14) – Spanish French toast, tropical fruit compote, whipped cream y cajeta caramel
- Churros ($12) – fritters with thick and creamy Spanish hot chocolate
- Ceviche Peruana ($16) – Ahi tuna, aji Amarillo, purple potato chips
- Ensalada de Jicama ($12) – Oranges, almonds, queso cotija y tamarind vinaigrette
- Ensalada Nortena ($12) – butter lettuce, roasted beets, chickpeas, avocado, queso fresco y tomatillo-morita vinaigrette
- Elote ($8) – Grilled corn, aioli, queso fresco
- Tostada Salmon ($20) – Criollo spiced seared salmon, avocado chevre black bean puree, warm pico de gallo over fresh greens
- Tacos de Pescado ($16) – Tecate-battered Mahi, cabbage slaw, lime crema
- Taco Contigo ($16) – slow-cooked short rib, chipotle crema, grilled tomato salsa, pickled onions
- El Cubano ($18) – slow-cooked pork, ham, swiss cheese, yellow mustard, housemade pickles, French fries
- Refajo ($10) – Colombiana and beer
- Maria Sangrada ($12) – house bloody mary
- Chipotle Maria ($13) – maria sagrada with chipotle vodka
- Michelada ($10) – draft beer house mix y lime
- Papacito ($13) – tequila blanco, mezcal, lime, agave
- Mamacita ($13) – tequila blanco, lime, agave
- Agua Fresca ($5) – seasonal agua fresca
- Ombre Cold Brew ($6)
- Ombre Hot ($4)
- Maya Hot Tea ($4)
- Aperol Spritz ($10)
- Sangria ($10 a pitcher)
Dinner is offered Tuesday – Sunday from 5 – 9 p.m. and brunch is on Saturday and Sunday from 9 – 11 a.m.
Contigo Latin Kitchen is located at 3770 E Sunrise Dr. on the grounds of the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. For more information, call (520) 299-1540 or visit eatatcontigo.com.